Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 9, '08, 5:48 pm 
I really like the opening song of PSIII, I forget the name, legacy or something. anyways, i would like to be able to play the opening song on my ocarina when i get better at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 1, '08, 4:43 pm 
Finally we'll have the official Phantasy Star IV Original Soundtrack.
Image or Image
This previously unreleased OST is now available on "Phantasy Star series - KONPURITO ARUBAMU first" and can be bought alone or with the "DX Pack" which contains a "Fantasy Zone badge", a "Phantasy Star badge", vol.32 the "complete collection" and this "complete album" soundtrack.

Source: http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=pt ... 32_ps2.htm

---
Edit:
---
"First KONPURITOARUBAMU Phantasy Star series" features 4 discs containing:

CD1- Phantasy Star (PSG ver.)
CD1- Phantasy Star (FM ver.)
CD1- Phantasy Star Collection (Sega Saturn)
CD1- The End of the Millenium (1993) as a bonus track

CD2- Phantasy Star (JAPAN ver.)
CD2- Phantasy Star (OVERSEA ver.)

CD3- Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

CD4- Phantasy Star IV: The end of the millenium
[note: track "winners" is included at the end of "meet them ahead on"]

So, the only BGMs that aren't listed in the "complete" album are the themes from the text adventures.

Source: http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=pt ... kumoku.htm

Last edited by newsblade on Sun Mar 2, '08, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 1, '08, 5:07 pm 
Tough to say. PSIV had some great songs, like Ooze, Thray, Her Last Breath (my all time favourite), Laughter. But since PSI is my very first PS game, I have always favoured it's soundtrack. It had the best battle song in my eyes, the best overland music and it's dungeon themes were supreme. I really liked the fact they used them as remix in PSIV. PSII was also pretty good, like PSII it gave an overall good mood, which I can't say for the total PSIV soundtrack. I really don't remember enough of the PSIII soundtrack but I do remember it wasn't bad. It was probably one of the better things in PSIII.

So I think I would rank the soundtracks as PSI, PSII, PSIV, PSIII, even though my most favourite songs come from PSIV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 3, '08, 2:14 am 
I'm afraid of "Her Last Breath" as much as I love the song its cursed.. Everytime I listen to it something bad happens..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 3, '08, 5:29 am 
Thanks for the info on the soundtrack, newsblade. It looks like a very through collection of music from the classic series. I find it interesting that they're including PSII twice on the soundtrack. I wonder what sort of differences the US and Japan versions have in the music to make that necessary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 5, '08, 7:07 pm 

Quote: I wonder what sort of differences the US and Japan versions have in the music to make that necessary?

It would be funny if the difference were just in the track names... but I think it is in the sound (I hope the original/japanese ver. have a better sound). In that case, while the "over seas" ed. seems to be the bonus for them, for us here will be the original ver.

I can already say that track 50 (CD1 bonus track) can be found in "Super Megadrive Fan Vol.2". I would say tracks 23, 24, 30 and 34 (CD1) are from "SEGA-Con Vol.1" but the truth is that I don't know, or at least couldn't understand, if they will record all tracks from the scratch or get from "PS Collection 1" (first three tracks chopped), "SEGA-Con", "SEGAROCK (osv's)" and "Beep! MegaDrive best selection" (the sound of this last one has less quality than the remaining albums so I believe they have recorder everything this year and with high quality standards).

Anyway the 4 main series' complete ost will be available in 22 days from now. It is rumored to be the last album SEGAdirect will release before closing down. I only found this place to preorder but don't know if it is safe: http://www.vgmworld.com/catalog/index.p ... m_num=1589

Post subject: Re: Best Music?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, '09, 1:52 pm 
Divine Dragon wrote:PSIV, definitely..

Laughter, Ooze and the Title theme, all 10 fps slower..

Here, compare NTSC and PAL with Phantasy Star music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMioUgT69U

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, '09, 5:50 pm 
^ actually there is no real PAL version of PSIV, you PAL guys got screwed there.

sega fail.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, '09, 6:08 pm 
I find myself enjoying PS III's music the best. It definitely fit the different places you went to. I also love PS I's theme, virtually all of PS II's music and a handful of PSIV's like Ooze, In the Cave, Tonoe de Pon, Defeat at a Blow, PS1 Dungeon Arrange 2, Cybernetic Carnival, The Black Blood, and Take Off! Landeel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, '09, 6:54 pm 
i like all of the PS game music in the games.

to listen to on their own ~ i like PSII and PSIV.

:)

Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next