Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 

Do you play more of the newer video games or more of the older video games?
I play more of the newer video games. 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
I play more of the older video games. 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
I play about the same of newer and older video games. 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Other...please explain in your post. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 1, '17, 6:34 pm 
I got to thinking about this subject the other night and decided to do a poll and see what everyone else's responses were.

Personally, I prefer the older video games, but to be honest there are so many newer video games that I haven't had time to try yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 1, '17, 6:49 pm 
I prefer the old video games too ! No time to play recent one too and too many older to continue or to complete ! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 1, '17, 9:00 pm 
As much I as like older games and still play some of them, I mostly play games from the last 10 years.

I play mostly JRPGs, and in the end I prefer the new ones.

Last edited by tilinelson2 on Sun Oct 1, '17, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 2, '17, 3:18 am 
Older. No network needed, no monthly fees,no downloading patches. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 2, '17, 10:53 pm 
Both. I don’t think older or newer is inherently better. A good game is good regardless of its release date.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 7, '17, 5:53 pm 
Wolf Bird wrote:Both. I don’t think older or newer is inherently better. A good game is good regardless of its release date.

Absolutely agree. My original idea in making this poll was not to say that one was better than the other and I hope it wasn't taken in that respect. I simply wanted to know if people were playing more of the older games or if they were playing more of the newer games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 7, '17, 6:59 pm 
Not at all, Silver. When I said I played both I meant it. Granted as of late I've been spending most of my time in Horizon Zero Dawn as I want to finish my ultra hard run before the DLC hits a month from today. But I got Pokemon Silver on the 3DS virtual console not long ago and I certainly intend to play it.

There's just a significant part of the internet I've noticed that seems to consider old automatically better. For sure there are amazing, awesome old games...but same with new games. Just as there are terrible old games and terrible new games. I just don't think a game's age says much of anything about how good it is. I definitely think technology allows games to do more things better than they did before, but that's in many ways a double-edged sword.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 8, '17, 1:11 pm 
Sure that great video games will still be great and bad one will still be bad ! It don't depends about old or new :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 8, '17, 3:44 pm 
I do play a good deal of older games, either because they do something unique or represent something that's not really around much anymore, or are part of my ghoulish obsession with game franchises that never made it to the modern day, but on the balance of hours I'd actually say I play newer games more- I even seek out newer versions of older games, because sometimes there isn't much of a point to playing older versions of a game aside from historical curiosity (such as the PC-8801 versions of Ys I & II).

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]