Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, '17, 6:54 pm 
In my opinion, I thought Phantasy Star III was a fairly fun game, even if it does have its flaws, there has to be atleast a single thing in the game like.

If Phantasy III was extended, what would you suggest be added to it? These would be my ideas:

Rhys' quest honestly seems long enough to me. If you suggest anything be added to it, feel free to share.

Nial's quest easily could be extended upon, and also a way to shorten it. When you get to Alair in Divisia, her instict is to fight Nial and the cyborgs. After you beat her, she apologises and goes to find Lune to try and get him to stop.

When you find Ryan in the Rebel Cave, he instead comes with the Snow gem, a removed gem from the original cave. This opens the Elysium-Aridia passage, saving backtracking through Landen. Perhaps you could get the Twins Ruby at the start of the third generation, but eitherway, this cave is exclusive to Nial and his children, like how the Aridia-Draconia passage is only for Ayn and his children.

I have some other ideas that I'll post later. Feel free to share your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, '17, 3:47 am 
Probably the easiest answer is to make all the connecting caves accessible and map them out. More dungeon crawls would definitely draw things out.

In a perfect world (or at least if the system could have handled it, or if the game had come out later), there would have been more variety in the four grandsons' quests. Ayn's and Nial's quests were worlds apart, figuratively and literally...but then if you play as one of Ayn's sons, you basically have to do Nial's quest anyway. Said variety may not actually make the game longer, but it might make people want to replay it more.

And I don't know if this counts as extending the game, and goodness knows we've all talked about it for the past bajillion years, but some more character development would be nice. Especially for the aforementioned four grandsons. (I originally included Gwyn in that statement, and then remembered she got more development than a lot of other characters, so never mind. :p )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, '17, 11:56 am 
Nice ideas ! The main upcoming would have been to, like augmentedfourth was saying, to be ablee to visit all the caves that are closed ! And there are so many alas... :(

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]