Page 19 of 19  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, '17, 10:04 pm 
I saw a post or a tweet that actor William Shatner made recently, I think, and he was talking about "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan" coming back out in theaters soon to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of that movie. Hard to believe it has been that long. I think this was one of the best, if not the best, "Star Trek" movie of all time. Of course the original tv classic episode, which the movie was based on, is one of the best also.

I probably won't be watching it in theaters but we do have it on VHS or DVD so I will watch it that way to celebrate.

What does everyone else think of the "Star Trek: Wrath Of Khan" movie?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, '17, 10:54 pm 
Sad news regarding the recent death of another actor who once had a role in "Star Trek" The Next Generation". Actor Mark LaMura played the role of John Doe in the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode "Transfigurations".

He was probably most famous for his role of Mark on the daytime soap opera " All My Children".

Condolences to his family! :tombstone: :rose:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, '17, 12:26 pm 
Condolences to his family :( :rose: :tombstone:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, '17, 6:55 pm 
The "definitive proof" that Michelle Yeoh is indeed a great person: She paused a press interview at the Discovery world premiere to chat with three young ladies that were cosplaying as her character.

Anyway, the titles for the first four episodes got announced:

The Vulcan Hello
Battle of the Binary Stars
Context Is For Kings
The Butcher's Knife Cares Not For the Lamb's Cry

QUICK EDIT: From September 21 to October 6, Star Trek Online players can get the Discovery Starfleet Uniform for free from the C-Store. (Check your Promotions tab.)

Last edited by Snorb on Thu Sep 21, '17, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, '17, 12:11 pm 
Great "news" about Michelle Yeoh ! That is so cool from her :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, '17, 9:42 pm 
Very nice of Michelle Yeoh to treat her fans with kindness and respect. Fans, and others, will remember that during and long after her involvement with "Star Trek". :clap:

And, guess who showed up for the recent "Star Trek: Discovery" premier? It was Captain James T. Kirk, himself, actor William Shatner, and Lt. Uhura, herself, actress Nichelle Nicols:

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-galler ... 105810084/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, '17, 1:52 pm 
True that William Shatner is still alive ! That is great ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, '17, 3:37 am 
Just finished watching the first episode of "Star Trek: Discovery" on tv and it was pretty good. Really like the Captain. The Klingons look more like the walking dead or something than Klingons as we usually know them. Too bad the next episodes will be on CBS All acess as we cannot get that channel.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, '17, 5:52 am 
I liked the first episode; more details up on my Facebook page. (Note that I haven't seen the next episode, "Battle at the Binary Stars" yet.)

Georgiou and Saru are awesome. The Klingon design is really... off; it reminds me more of the Remans from Star Trek Nemesis, or the orcs from the Lord of the Rings movies-- but from what I read, it's just that T'Kuvma's Great House that went through some genetic engineering. Voq, son of none, will hopefully get some development. (I actually said, "Wow. 'Son of none?' That is a REALLY brave thing to say among a species that regards their ancestors with the utmost respect.")

Page 19 of 19  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19