Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: South Park video game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, '17, 10:23 pm 
I saw this article about a "South Park" video game and could hardly believe it. Does anyone know anything about this game, or ever played it? Is it true that the difficulty level gets harder based on skin tone? Somehow, that just does not seem right to me. :grumpy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3478610

Post subject: Re: South Park video game
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, '17, 12:55 pm 
About South Park, no I agree ! That doesn't seems goog to me neither ! :fiery:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, '17, 2:36 pm 
They claim it's a way to parody underlying systemic racism. And sometimes the distinction between depicting/parodying and endorsing a thing...well, it's a fine line.

Not saying whether I agree with that claim or not, just trying to explain what the developers are saying. South Park is always one of those things that's constantly pushing boundaries through comedy that may not be to everyone's taste, for better or for worse, and while I am on board with discussing things, even things people don't like to acknowledge, I'm not sure this was a good way to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, '17, 12:50 am 
In case you're wondering, "difficulty" doesn't refer to the in-game combat difficulty. Cartman mentions when you're choosing it "Oh, this doesn't affect the combat. It just affects everything else."

It affects how much money you get from combat and sidequests, as well as how characters react to you.

This is the same game series where your character's named what he is because Cartman changed your name during character creation in the first game and forced you to admit to it.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]