Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, '16, 1:22 am 
Indeed, but you think of Zio as a pretty significant and recurring character in the first third of the game. He's on screen during cutscenes several times, but only visible on a gameplay map once. And with a complete sprite sheet that's barely utilized! That's the really peculiar part to me, now that I've given it some thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, '16, 7:17 pm 
That is indeed true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, '17, 12:12 pm 
Strange thing about this removed enemy or present/not present ennemy ! Honnestly, I don't know if we can encounter this one in the game but so why is this sprite present on the site ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, '17, 12:56 am 
Perhaps it's because the sprite/palette combo exists. The Xanafalgue and Zoran Bolt share the same palette, the Gicefalgue is on his own, but because he shares his palette with the design of the Zoran Bolt.

When the site was extracting enemy pictures from the games code, they likely pulled out the Zoran Bolt with the Gicefalgue's colours, which would explain they gave them the same name. They likely just never really gave it much thought and decided it was a rare enemy or something.

Of course, that's all just speculation, but I'm fairly certain that's close to how they ended up putting the enemy there. Graphics tend to take up a lot of memory, so thus, they're often compressed, resulting in the likes of enemies sharing palettes, like the Gicefalgue and Zoran Bolt. Though I'm not sure why they didn't make a Zoran Bolt recolour in the first place during game development...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, '17, 12:51 pm 
;I understand : all this tied to the different palettes and colours and memory. Only speculation, maybe, but I'm sure you're not so far from truth !

Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3