Video game swag

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Video game swag!

Gimme!
85%
Meh...
15%
Heck no!
No votes

Total votes : 13

Video game swag

Postby Lemina » Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:45 pm

I'm curious. Did any of you ever obtain anything video game related that's not the video game itself? (T-shirts, figurines, costumes, artbooks, fanbooks, etc) I'm kind of a pack rat, so I really like grabbing any video game trinkets that I can afford. I know that a while back, there were Mario sleeping bags, Nintedo themed cereal, Gameboy themed shampoo, and an assortment of stuffed toys. clothing, and cartoons available. So, do any of you like collecting any of these things?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 12:28 am

Oh, I've got tons of stuff. As far as Phantasy Star, I've just got two of the books from Japan. Most of my stuff is Zelda stuff. Comics, DVDs, puzzles, cups, placemats, posters, toys, statues... lots of stuff. I've got a good amount of Mario stuff too - more comics, figurines, toys, a drinking glass, statues. Got a combo Zelda/Mario pillow, even.

I've got a lot of old gaming magazines, like Nintendo Power and EGM, and player's guides. Also several other posters, but most of them came with games (Metroid II, Chrono Trigger, some others) or magazines (Ocarina of Time). One statue from a Star Ocean 3 series. Eh, probably some other stuff I can't recall at the moment.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 22, '08, 2:06 am

Hmmm...I have a few things. I have a big Spyro the Dragon stuffed animal, as well small Ho-oh and Palkia plushies that a friend of mine got me for at Disneyworld. My boyfriend also gave me an old Donkey Kong plush that he's had for a few years. I also have a few players guides/strategy guides as well. And then of course, there's my Earthbound/Smash Bros. Brawl t-shirt. :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:18 am

I have a set of super mario bros. figures from McDonalds happy meals from like six or seven years ago.
I also have a game boy advance with shampoo in it that I have never ever used and it is on display because it looks like a real game boy advance. I have a Yoshi key ring and a Street Fighter Akuma action figure which cost me $70.00. Most of my collectibles are Nintendo things. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby hugues » Sat Nov 22, '08, 3:19 pm

I have too much to count :) Things like:
    Set of Donkey Kong figures from Japan
    Set of plush Donkey Kong dolls
    Pac-Man glasses & mugs
    Piles of Mario Happy Meal toys
    Set of Zelda figures
    Set of Dragon's Lair figures
    Tons of Nintendo t-shirts
    Chrono Cross clock
    Zelda/Mario cartoon DVDs

BTW - there's an appropriately-named site with tons of photos of game swag: http://www.game-swag.net/ (I've submitted a few pics myself)
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 6:29 pm

That's an interesting site, thanks for the link. There's also http://www.videogamemm.com/ that has a pictures of a lot of other stuff, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 23, '08, 4:43 pm

I want all those Kirby plushies~~~~~

So as for my collection, my sister and I share everything because we're twins and it's economic for us to share. So my collection is Schala's. Here goes:
Video game based cartoon DVDs (Mario, Sonic, Pokemon)
I had Sonic Burger King toys a looong time ago, but I've since lost them.
Pokemon cards (I was so into collecting them when I was little.)
Mario plushie
Video game magazines and strategy guides
My sister has a Nintendo controller based wallet
Various artbooks and comics
Tales of Destiny soundtrack
Sega binder
T-shirts that came with NP
Wow, that's more than I thought. It's nuts how big of a video game geek I've become.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Re: Video game swag

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 10, '09, 5:48 pm

*Swoons and faints.*

*Wakes back up when pure essence of Earthbound is injected directly into her bloodstream.* Epicepicepic! Found this last night thanks to an inconspicuous link on Starmen.net and already ordered one! I'll shell out 15 bucks (21 plus shipping...) for that, especially since I've been looking for a new hat as my Rush one is beginning to fall apart some. And...graduation present to myself.

Will be SOOO awesome to wear with my Mr. Saturn t-shirt!

*Swears she is not crazy as Happy-happyists put her in a straitjacket...for she is TOO happy.*
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Sun May 10, '09, 6:38 pm

Yes I generally buy anything that's video game related. Hell I STILL have a box of the Legend of Zelda fruit snacks [said snacks have long been eaten].
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Tue May 12, '09, 2:43 am

Zelda fruit snacks?!? I now feel sad that I was not informed of something so important. :(

I got one of those little Nei figures from Japan recently. She's pretty neat, but a bit lopsided due to the weight distribution. It has a stand, but that only covers one foot while the other sticks out in the air, so she tips toward the sticking out foot.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to General Gaming