Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video game sales down
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, '10, 7:06 am 
Video game sales are down for the month of June, continueing a trend of the last several months it seems.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... es-down-/1

Not very surprising considering the current economic woes that are facing so many people everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if game sales start picking up the closer we get to the holiday season. People of all ages love giving and receiving video games for Christmas presents. :yes:

Post subject: Re: Video game sales down
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, '10, 5:48 pm 
Yup, people are skipping a lot of the "fluff" games. Those who do buy are sticking to the popular, big name titles to get the best value. A lot of people are spending on other things now too - summer movies, vacations, and the like. It will pick up around the holiday season and early parts of next year, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, '10, 2:09 am 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Video game sales are down for the month of June, continueing a trend of the last several months it seems.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... es-down-/1

Not very surprising considering the current economic woes that are facing so many people everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if game sales start picking up the closer we get to the holiday season. People of all ages love giving and receiving video games for Christmas presents. :yes:

I hope we don't get a repeat of the gaming industry crash from 1983!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, '10, 2:32 am 
I doubt we're getting close to another crash. One of the big problems back in 1983 was overproduction of games. I think gaming companies have learned their lessons from that quite well.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]