NES reactions

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

NES reactions

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 11, '14, 9:16 am

Take a look at this video of current day teenagers reacting to one of the classic video gaming systems, the NES. The video is a bit long but it is a bit funny and wild to see these teens reaction to this classic gaming system. It's also brings back a little bit of nostalgia for those of us who remember and love this video game system.

http://news.yahoo.com/funniest-thing-ll ... 34753.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: NES reactions

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Sep 11, '14, 11:49 am

Pleasantly surprised by the reactions, this video really, really made my week! Thanks SS1!

How many of you still have a NES? Mine is proudly sitting with my other game consoles. I even changed the reader for one made with an allow that doesn't erode so all my cartridges work without ever need to blow on them. I make it a point to play through 2-3 of my favorite games once a year.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Thu Sep 11, '14, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Snorb » Thu Sep 11, '14, 2:30 pm

My NESes (more than one, damn you Game Genie and your habit of wrecking the contacts) are... uh... they're somewhere in the house. Probably the attic.

...With most of my NES games.

...And my SNES games.

At least the good ol' SNES is... on its way to getting a box of its own in the garage with my original PlayStation.

...Which I haven't used since I blew an entire paycheck on a PlayStation 2 and Final Fantasy X way back in the wonderful summer/fall of 2002. (I'd make the comment about "Y'know, considering where my save is, I should go load it up and kick Sin's stupid face in already," but I'm in the same position with Final Fantasy IX and Breath of Fire IV, so just switch out "Sin" for "Necron" and "Fou-Lu," respectively.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Sep 11, '14, 2:56 pm

I felt the same way, Aeroprism, a lot of people are reacting very negatively to this, proclaiming the end of western civilization, but I thought it was cool that most of the kids seemed to at least warm up to the console, and some of them actively thought it was awesome to begin with. It had a kind of legendary status. And even the ones who weren't into it seemed surprised to hear that many of their favorite series began on the system, which is pretty funny. I think it's amazing that Mario and Zelda and Metroid were games we played back in the day, and they're still strong enough to be bestsellers today.

I do in fact still have my NES hooked up, mine's in pretty rough shape, bright golden color for some bizarre reason and takes some cajoling to work, even though I replaced the pin connector years back. It's in there with my N64, Sega Saturn, PS2, and Wii U. I need to order some good classic NES games I haven't played, I've been meaning to play Legacy of the Wizard and Destiny of an Emperor and tons of others.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 11, '14, 3:24 pm

We've got one, hooked up with plenty of old consoles. I haven't playedit in a while, though.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 12, '14, 8:48 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Pleasantly surprised by the reactions, this video really, really made my week! Thanks SS1!

How many of you still have a NES? Mine is proudly sitting with my other game consoles. I even changed the reader for one made with an allow that doesn't erode so all my cartridges work without ever need to blow on them. I make it a point to play through 2-3 of my favorite games once a year.

You are very welcome Aero! I really enjoyed watching it too. Brought back a lot of memories, not the least of which is blowing on the cartridges and the game system...wow, do I remember doing that, lol. And yes, we still have our NES system. Would never part with it.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Retro Roundup