Playstation Now is Sony's Streaming Game Service

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Playstation Now is Sony's Streaming Game Service

Postby S4Blade » Sat Jan 11, '14, 1:28 pm

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everyt ... 0-6417069/

The service will allow users to stream a selection of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games to both the PS3 and PS4, as well as the PlayStation Vita, Sony 2014 Bravia TVs, and even mobile and tablet devices.

I've never used a Streaming game service, and I don't get rid of my old consoles that I still want to play, so I can't say I'm too interested.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Playstation Now is Sony's Streaming Game Service

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 11, '14, 2:29 pm

Not interested here, either. When it comes to games, I kind of like playing on the original medium when possible. At a minimum, on the original disk/cartridge, though the console I use I do sometimes 'cheat' - I play PSX games on my PS3 and I have a retroport for my SNES for NES games.

That said, I can see this service being useful for those who did get rid of old systems or had those old systems stop working. Especially for PS2, as Sony removed the backwards compatibility from the PS3 for those games fairly early in the PS3's life.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Sat Jan 11, '14, 7:47 pm

I still have my PS2, and the games I want. I got rid of my PSOne a while ago, and the only PSOne Classic I downloaded on my PS3 was Symphony of the Night, but it's one of my favorite games ever.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sat Jan 11, '14, 11:16 pm

Not interested either ! (third version ^^) but like WB was saying, for those like me who don't have a PS2 anymore...;) But for old games there is always a lot of manners to try and play these games :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 12, '14, 1:42 am

We've got a PS2 and all the games I want. Some of them we've also gotten the HD versions of (Ratchet & Clank, Sly, Jak & Daxter) so some of those original copies got sold. I did keep the original version of Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Okami despite getting the HD versions of those. I also kept my PSX games…namely, the original Spyro trilogy, which is one of my favorite series ever.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to In the News