Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 7:45 pm 
I'm just going off of what I read Tanith. In Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, they said that it cost 100$ when it first came out. So I was merely going off of what that said. >.>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 7:49 pm 
Tanith wrote: PSIV wasn't $100 when it came out. At least, I don't remember it being that expensive. It was probably $40-$50 or so when it came out. It was a very late release for the Genesis. Edited: Oh, I forgot, Atlin is in The Great White North. :wink: That would make a difference in price, right?

I remember seeing PSIV in stores, the price was around 80 bucks. In the Great White North, the price is sure to be (seem?) higher.

I had a random thought: Someone should tell that guy in the videos about this site. He seems to be pretty passionate about Phantasy Star. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 9:20 pm 
This guy make some other video about other series I think... I'm not sure...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 9:30 pm 
I've seen the $100 figure a lot because it's given in the collection, but I don't think it really did cost that much. Most of the old ads for it that I've seen have the price closer to $80 - $85. With sales tax, that might get close to $100 in some places though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 9:34 pm 
It makes me glad I got my copy of PSIV from a gameshop turned pawnshop for like 5 dollars. I would rent PSIV all the time and I was happy when I finally got my own copy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, '10, 9:34 pm 
Holy cow! I must have gotten my copy of PSIV on sale! I honestly don't remember paying that much for it. Wow!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, '10, 3:32 am 
I'd pay that much for it... >.>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 1, '10, 3:43 am 
I have an old brochure from a store long gone now called Tunz’a Games it was printed in 1995. It had Phantasy Star II listed down as being $124.95 brand new. But the Aussie dollar has always been quite high when it comes to games even back then. :bang:

Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2