Vertical or horizontal?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Vertical or horizontal?

My consoles stand vertically most of the time.
No votes
I usually sit them horizontally.
100%
I switch between the two positions.
No votes
Forget all that, angles are where it's at!
No votes
I have no preference.
No votes
Something entirely different!
No votes

Total votes : 8

Vertical or horizontal?

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 3, '09, 3:08 am

With the current generation of gaming consoles, and the PlayStation 2 (which started the trend), we are able to sit the machines horizontally, like the classic systems, or stand them vertically so they take up less shelf space. Which position do you tend to use the most, and why?

Personally, I prefer horizontal. I'm afraid I'll knock the things over and break something. :sweat: I do use the stand that came with the Wii to stand it vertically, though, since it's mostly wireless and has a wider base.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Vertical or horizontal?

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 3, '09, 5:29 am

Horizontal. All the game systems in my dorm room are sitting on dressers that get used a lot and if they're vertical they'd probably be dropping off constantly.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Schala Zeal » Fri Apr 3, '09, 12:53 pm

Most of mine sit horizontally. My Wii, however, stands up vertically. I'm considering making it sit horizontally when I'm at my dad's, since one of my little sisters knocked it over onto the hard tile floor last time. :sweat:
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby LordShibas » Fri Apr 3, '09, 5:19 pm

When I set my consoles up I set them up horizontal. I set them on the floor, so there would be no reason to have them vertical. It would just make it easier to knock it over.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Lemina » Sun Apr 5, '09, 11:48 pm

I generally prefer horizontal, but my Wii, which is also Shilka's Wii, stands vertically because I can access the gamecube controller ports more easily that way.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby bretlin » Wed May 20, '09, 5:59 am

I've never tried to set up my systems any way but horizontal, probably in fear of having them fall down and knock something over.
bretlin
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Darkil » Wed May 20, '09, 1:37 pm

Well my 360 is horizontal but the Wii is vertical. I never did put the PS2 vertical, 360 included, due to the rumors of them scratching up disc's this way. I just couldn't fathom trying to re-purchase a game for 50 - 80 bucks just because I had the system standing up. Some argue that this doesn't happen and it may not, but I still don't trust my hands enough to do this. Even when I use the Wii I get nervous because I'm afraid I will drop the disc :misspeak:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed May 20, '09, 9:03 pm

I have all my systems horizontal, except of course, for my Wii. I kind of fear that my system will get dropped on the floor and ruined if they are horizontal (I blame my 2 year old niece who is constantly putting stuff on the floor). I can't really afford to replace any systems either. Hence why I haven't replaced my PSII after it broke.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Tech and Design