Upcoming Phantasy Star remake

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Upcoming Phantasy Star remake

Postby myau56 » Wed Mar 12, '14, 9:01 pm

RAFAEL : I'll try it soon I swear it ! (Like Alisa was swearing to avenge Nero's death ! ;) )The script retranslation work done by SMS power team is so great ! I've finished the game with this new script and that was so great !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby rafael_esper » Thu Mar 13, '14, 3:24 am

IMPORTANT: I have released a new version, 1.01, with a bug correction, that happens only when the robotcops try to confiscate the passport. Feel free to download it from now on.

Fogeltje: I understand your opinion about the rewards, but I see the running option as a strategy - if you try to run without a spell, you risk failling or receiving damage for it (and you can't run from certain monsters). If you use the spell, you waste MP that will need to be replenished later. And as I have said before, you won't achieve the best possible highscore. There is an end to it, but I admit that's a little boring to play it more than once, and you don't have the save option here. Maybe I can improve this mini-game in the future, so feel free to give your suggestions.

Myau: take your time, no need to hurry. Fogeltje is doing an awesome job and is probably going to be the first one to finish the game (hopefully!).

Regards,
Rafael, the Esper
rafael_esper
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 18

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 13, '14, 8:58 pm

RAFAEL : Thanks about this new version ! :)
I'll take my time ! Because I don't have much choice unfortunately ! Time is flowing down too quickly... :( But you're right : Fogeltje is going to finish the game before me and that is great as the description he is giving are so great ! :)
Sure I wouldn't be so good in writing down all those comments :) Awesome job dear Fogeltje ! :clap:
Last edited by myau56 on Thu Mar 13, '14, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Mar 13, '14, 9:14 pm

rafael_esper wrote:Fogeltje: I understand your opinion about the rewards, but I see the running option as a strategy - if you try to run without a spell, you risk failling or receiving damage for it (and you can't run from certain monsters). If you use the spell, you waste MP that will need to be replenished later. And as I have said before, you won't achieve the best possible highscore. There is an end to it, but I admit that's a little boring to play it more than once, and you don't have the save option here. Maybe I can improve this mini-game in the future, so feel free to give your suggestions.
I can run? I have tried hitting ESC in the arena many times, but I won't get the run option. They only way I can back out of a fight is using Alis' magic.

I'll post the next question in a spoiler tag.

I encountered a fight with Tajima and two Sorcerers. Was that the final fight or a "boss fight" (as I couldn't run from it with magic)?
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Mar 13, '14, 9:47 pm

And don't put too much pressure on me finishing the game first LOL! Can I have the new version? You didn't post a download link. I'm still grinding levels to beat the Saccubus/Nightmare. Yes, I know it's not necessary, but I have to.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby rafael_esper » Fri Mar 14, '14, 4:15 am

Hello, Fogeltje.

An enthusiastic player is already in Baya Malay tower, and spotted a bug that would prevent you from finishing the game (a passage was blocked by a wall). I'm glad to announce that this is already fixed in version 1.02, and you should download it. It's the same github link, but if you are having trouble downloading the .jar directly ('View jar'), just open this link:

https://github.com/rafael-esper/Phantasy

-> Download ZIP option
-> Look for the .jar in the redist folder

Regards, and thanks for the patience.

Rafael, the Esper.
rafael_esper
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Mar 14, '14, 11:30 am

Download .ZIP seems to work :) Downloading it now. Glad someone is playing is ahead, so I can take it more slowly. I want to try to beat the Nightmare before moving on.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Mar 14, '14, 11:35 am

Btw, I think I'm going to make an item guide just like I did for Hordes of Nei.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Mar 14, '14, 12:27 pm

Defeated the Nightmare. Now I can move on. I just gained Fly. I noticed it works like the thing from PSIV, you can fly to any previously visited city. On the one hand, this will speed up the game, on the other hand, I like the old games when games were not that easy and you actually had to walk. So I'm not sure how I feel about this change. I think in the end it will be GOOD since gamers these days don't want to spend time grinding and walking back and forth, but I'm just old school :)

Btw, I started an item guide, but I don't think it's very useful. I think it's more or less the same stats as the base game (except guns maybe).

Btw, I got rid of Alis' starting outfit, so I can only compare armour values to the Light Suit until I start a new game and see how much the Light Suit improves on Alis' starting armour. Same with Myau's stuff.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/390 ... -guide.pdf
Last edited by Fogeltje on Fri Mar 14, '14, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby rafael_esper » Fri Mar 14, '14, 12:39 pm

Why don't you go directly at the source? PSLibItem.java file, in the 'oo' folder. :-D
rafael_esper
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More