Unusual and Unique Video Game Characters!?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Postby LordShibas » Sat Jan 24, '09, 1:41 pm

Keeping up with the whole Guilty Gear aspect of this topic, I'd like to throw out out one of my favorite Guilty Gear characters: Millia Rage.

Millia Rage is an interesting character that fights almost exclusively with her hair. She has some incredibly cool attacks and seeing her fight is a site to be seen. She fits right in with the bevy of bizarre characters in the Guilty Gear series.
Last edited by LordShibas on Thu Feb 26, '09, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 24, '09, 6:11 pm

I really like that. Fighting with your hair...may I also say that the first picture in that post, for some reason, made me laugh? :D That looks like a taunt.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 25, '09, 12:31 am

Okay, double posting, but I thought of another character I'm going to add...

That is Crypto, the 'protagonist' of the Destroy All Humans! games. I put protagonist in quotes because Crypto is quite the anti-hero, and is one reason he's unique. Now, in most sci-fi games involving aliens, generally, you play the human running around killing aliens. Well, in DAH, you take on the role of the alien doing the invasion. Crypto is quite trigger-happy, likes big guns...and well, likes killing humans, hence the name of the game. Plus he has psychic abilities, much like Ness...I have a thing for psychic powers, I guess. :D But I consider Crypto unique, just simply because instead of being the hero saving people, you're the one taking over the world and causing general havoc.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Lucas » Fri Feb 20, '09, 1:09 pm

Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation System (KOS-MOS :wink: ) :

All righty anybody who says KOS-MOS is not a unique game character definitly has not played or heard of Xenosaga. KOS-MOS is one of the main characters in the series she is a female android and was created for the purpose of destroying thousands of aliens known as Gnosis. She is equiped with many weapons in which she can summon at will. Her most powerful attack the X-Buster is in her torso when in use she launches a large beam dealing great damage to all enemies in range. She is a very protective character especially towards Shion Uzuki. KOS-MOS can also be considered two seperate entities because not only is she an android with an OS conscience she is also a vessel in which she carries the living soul of a woman who died 6000 years before the events of Xenosaga. When this woman awakens inside of her, her eyes change from red to blue and she becomes pretty much indestructible in this state. KOS-MOS is a very unique character and there are more secrets to her I don't want to spoil for anybody encase they become interested in the series. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri Feb 20, '09, 5:56 pm

This is Seth, the boss from the newly released Street Fighter IV. This quote is taken from Wikipedia

"Seth, also known as "The Puppet Master", is the new boss character. He is the Chief Executive Officer of S.I.N., the weapons division of Shadaloo. His body has been modified using advanced technology. His Special Moves are techniques used by other characters."

So obviously he was once human but now....he seems to remind me of Gil from Street Fighter III, but what he did to his body is different than Gil's.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 21, '09, 12:12 pm

@ Darkil: Yeah Gill was considered a God so his body is basically immortal and Seth went under transformations to better himself within Shadowloo. I think Capcom wanted to base Seth off Gill and his brother Urien because he is just so similar to both of them. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby LordShibas » Sat Feb 21, '09, 2:00 pm

Seth's super when he sucks his enemy into his stomach and spits them out is like the dumbest thing ever. I like Gill a lot, we'll throw him up here as well.

LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby pitohui » Tue Feb 24, '09, 7:50 am

Okay, I have to step in. Most of these are Japanese archetypes that you see everywhere: the gimmicky fighters, cute girls with wacky extra appendages, cute kids and animals with SUPER HIDDEN POWER, etc.

I submit these two:

Tomak
A girl's head in a flower pot. That's about it! Raise her to maturity in quite possibly the most ill-conceived dating sim available.

Bonus: disturbing cosplay

Vibri (affectionately referred to as SCR, or "Singing Crack Rabbit")
Vibri is the protagonist of Vib Ribbon, a late PSone rhythm action game that created levels according to the music. The game allowed you to use your own music CDs, forming paths and obstacles based on the songs.

The character itself is a white, vector-drawn rabbit that prances through levels, its kaleidoscope eyes boring holes through you with a deathly vibrant stare, voice bending and lilting like a drug-addled siren. As the player fails, Vibri devolves into progressively gyrating states of instability. The SCR moniker becomes understood after seeing the game in action.
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Feb 24, '09, 4:29 pm

It's just that Japan keeps this awesome (and admittedly disturbing...) stuff over there, pitohui. :p

Wolf Bird

Postby Lemina » Tue Feb 24, '09, 11:56 pm

You win for finding the most peculiar characters, Pitohui. I couldn't even imagine anything weirder. XD

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Design