Unfound items in PS1?

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Unfound items in PS1?

Postby Thoul » Thu May 27, '10, 5:16 pm

When I was working on the item list for the Deluxe translation, I noticed a couple of items listed that I had never found or seen mentioned in PS1 before. They were called 世嘉游戏机 and 基利恩之枪 in Chinese, which translate to "Sega game" and "Kilian of the gun" according to Google. Some searching of PS1 item lists turned up that there's a "M System" item in PS1. Has anyone ever found this "M System"? If so, where was it and does it do anything?

I'm not sure what to make of "Kilian of the gun," either. It's not one of the standard guns - Needle, Heat, and Laser are all accounted for in other names. Maybe there's another gun hidden somewhere?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Unfound items in PS1?

Postby Xander » Thu May 27, '10, 6:38 pm

I've never heard of these before either. Maybe they were accessible only through cheating perhaps? I wonder what they do.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Thoul » Thu May 27, '10, 11:41 pm

It might be a long shot, but I was thinking the M System might do something if presented to Miki, that girl in Sopia that talks about Sega. The question would be, what would it do...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri May 28, '10, 1:12 am

That’s interesting. Maybe the M system was like a quest item. Kind of like how you give the short cake to the governor. You might have to give the Master System to Miki since she loves her Sega games….

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby PSP » Fri May 28, '10, 4:26 am

I'm guessing, since my search turns up nada, that they were items that were deleted during the production of the game (ala the "NOTHING" items in PSIV).
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Fri May 28, '10, 5:41 am

Yeah, deleted items seems like the most likely answer. The M System is near the end of the item list in the mobile version and apparently also near the end in the SMS version. It's actually before the Miracle Key, which is a pretty late game item, so maybe the M System was intended to be as well.

I found a code to insert the M System in the item list for the SMS version. I tried visiting Miki with it, but there was no response. There's a couple of other girls that had lines similar to her in the Chinese version. I may trying visiting them with it later. One of them is all the way over in the aero-prism dungeon, which is a long hike from Sopia. She was asking for feedback about the game, but she has different lines in the English SMS release.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby OhNoHumans » Fri May 28, '10, 10:08 pm

Lucas wrote:That’s interesting. Maybe the M system was like a quest item. Kind of like how you give the short cake to the governor. You might have to give the Master System to Miki since she loves her Sega games….

It would have been funny if they did something in the remake. But instead of that have it be a Mega Drive. And maybe have a reference to Shenmue elsewhere in the game to make it all the more obvious it is some kind of weird intergalactic / real world time paradox. :laugh_lucca:

Anyway, hopefully it's not useless like the "Nothing" items in End of the Millenium.
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Postby PSP » Sat May 29, '10, 3:09 am

OhNoHumans wrote:Anyway, hopefully it's not useless like the "Nothing" items in End of the Millenium.

Obviously you've never witnessed the awesome protective power of Mile in hat form. ;p
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby OhNoHumans » Sun May 30, '10, 5:09 am

Aw, you're making me jealous! :c

Are you saying that's in the patches? Because the info file with it says that the programmer(s) actually gave it a use. At least I think that's what was said.

BTW, Thoul, that's very interesting. If it comes down to it, one of us could try asking the staff about it and the "Kilian of the gun". But that may very well be vain hope. Although maybe it has been discovered before in Japan, and they were asked about it then (and so perhaps something is listed somewhere online), but that's really the only other possibility I can think of (and perhaps even more of a stretch).
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Return to Phantasy Star