More Ultimate Collection news

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

More Ultimate Collection news

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 7, '09, 5:34 pm

The British Board of Film Classification has revealed some details about the upcoming Genesis collection for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In their report on the content, they mention 40 games (those are the ones revealed on Sega's site already) and a list of unlockables and bonus content: 9 more games, 8 video interviews totaling 30 minutes, and 45 minutes of game play footage.

This still doesn't reveal what the unlockable games are, but at least now we know there are 9 of them. 45 minutes of game trailers seems a bit excessive, though. I wonder if Sega is really that hard up for advertising.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Wed Jan 7, '09, 7:04 pm

Nice! Its good to know that there are 49 games on this disc. Makes me wonder if Phantasy Star 1 is one of those. I am more excited about this now more than when I heard about it.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jan 11, '09, 1:28 am

Remember that little error they had on the site that listed the games on the collection? Really makes me wonder if all 4 Phantasy Star games will be on it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Sun Jan 11, '09, 8:38 am

Trenzer wrote:Remember that little error they had on the site that listed the games on the collection? Really makes me wonder if all 4 Phantasy Star games will be on it.

Makes me wonder too. If Sega loves us they should put the 4 PS games on or else... :fiery:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Jan 14, '09, 2:03 pm

Another Genesis collection? I was a big fan of the Genesis, so I'll probably pick this one up... If I ever get an Xbox 360 or PS3, that is. D: It'd be nice to have all the Phantasy Stars in this... I haven't been able to play the original Phantasy Star in awhile.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Darkil » Wed Jan 14, '09, 6:10 pm

Although I own all 4 carts for PS, I'd like to see them redone with the HD touch ups they've mentioned. I don't doubt it won't be as awesome as things are now but I think it'll still add some flair to an already great product. Plus some of the other games in this make me anxious for the collection to come out.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Wed Jan 14, '09, 10:39 pm

I'm going to do a "me too" thing here; I really hope that all the PS's are going to be included with HD touch ups. And I also hope that they include some Genesis games that weren't included on other collections, just for something new this time around.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 15, '09, 1:11 am

I know in PAL countries our version of Sega Genesis Collection, Sega Megadrive collection was missing a game called Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi. I don't really know why sega excluded it from the European and Australian version of the game. I just hope they don't decide to do any exclusions with this new one they're going to do.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Other Classics