Nintendo Toys

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Nintendo Toys

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Apr 10, '16, 1:57 am

Has anyone else seen the World Of Nintendo Collectible Figures by Jakks?

I was shopping in Walmart the other day and noticed a box of them up close to the check out line. I stopped to look and they have several of them including Luigi, a few Mario's of different types including one with a yellow raccoon suit, a Goomba, and that Ghost character (can't think of the name right now), and the back of the box also shows a picture of Link, but I didn't see that figure. Also shown on the back of the box was Donkey Kong and Metroid. Sadly, no Princess Peach!! Ugh!!

Any way I got a Luigi and may get more later if they still have them. I have no idea how long these toys have been out on the shelves.

Anyone know anything about them? Anyone have any of them?
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Sun Apr 10, '16, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Nintendo Toys

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Apr 10, '16, 4:35 am

I have seen these around. None of them interest me personally, though. They do look to be of decent quality and when I spot them, I sometimes look through on the off-chance there's a character I'd be interested in getting.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 14, '16, 10:02 pm

Yippee!!!!!!!!!! I was in town again today and checked to see if they had any new figures in these toys out. I found Princess Peach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only one they had. Still looking to see what else they may come up with later.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 26, '16, 5:20 pm

Saw these in town again this week and was able to get another Princess Peach (that makes two, and I think that's enough of her) and another little character in the Link/Zelda line.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Lemina » Wed Apr 27, '16, 6:52 pm

I've seen those, but I really like the amiibos better as for little figurines. I tend not to be a huge fan of stagnant figurines, but I absolutely love articulated figures such as figma. I really want the SH figures Mario and the Nendoroid Luigi!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 27, '16, 7:02 pm

Lemina wrote:I've seen those, but I really like the amiibos better as for little figurines.

Agreed there, especially since the character variation with the amiibos is a lot better. On this other line of figures Nintendo is sticking to their best known characters, for the most part, but amiibos are going into much more obscure characters thanks to Smash.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Lemina » Fri Apr 29, '16, 7:27 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:
Lemina wrote:I've seen those, but I really like the amiibos better as for little figurines.

Agreed there, especially since the character variation with the amiibos is a lot better. On this other line of figures Nintendo is sticking to their best known characters, for the most part, but amiibos are going into much more obscure characters thanks to Smash.

Ness, Lucas, Pit, and Roy? Yes please~ :hyper:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 29, '16, 11:17 pm

Lemina wrote:Ness, Lucas, Pit, and Roy? Yes please~ :hyper:

Indeed! I have Ness and Lucas myself...in fact, two of the former, as my brother got me a second for Christmas, so I have one Ness amiibo on our TV stand who is currently trained up to level 50 in Smash and named TesseracT (after the band) and the other lives on my office desk. I don't have interest in Roy, and maybe I'll pick up Pit someday should I ever find him for a reasonable price. Never seen him under $30. I think he was Toys R Us exclusive. Somehow all three Kid Icarus amiibos ended up as exclusives - Pit to TRU, Palutena to Amazon and Dark Pit to Best Buy. Of those three I only have Dark Pit, because Dark Pit >>>>>>> Pit, and I got a reasonable price on him from our game shop in Winthrop.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 12, '16, 10:30 pm

If anyone is still looking for the Amibbo toys, you might check Fred's stores out. I was over there shopping this weekend for the first time in ages and was pleasantly surprised to find several amibbo toys there, including Mario, Bowser, the standing version of Princess Peach (which I still do not have), Link, and some others. I never thought of looking there. They also had a few other gaming related toys. I will have to remember to check them out again soon to see if they have anything new.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 17, '17, 6:56 pm

I picked up a couple of those little figures in the Zelda line, but that was all. They had the benefit of being much lower priced than the amiibos, but on the other hand were much simpler in design.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Retro Roundup