Puzzle Sections Launched; Slight Redesign

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Puzzle Sections Launched; Slight Redesign

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 11, '07, 11:43 pm

I have added a new Play Games area to the site. This area contains the Quiz section and new sections for puzzles that can be played in your browser. The header of the site has been redesigned to accommodate this addition, so you may need to reload the page if the site, especially in the boards, looks a bit strange up there.

There are currently two sliding puzzles: Claw Users and Lutz. We have one Jigsaw Puzzle, Generation 1 Title.

Additional puzzles will be added in the coming weeks. Some will be for everyone, but most puzzles will only be available members of the community. The Lutz puzzle is one of these.

Thanks to The Komrade, Divine Dragon, Tsunami, and Secret_Surfer for their feedback that convinced me to move forward with this idea. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 12, '07, 11:21 pm

Glad to be of help, Thoul. By the way, I really LOVE the jigsaw puzzles. Those are cool! Hope to see lots more of them. :hyper:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 13, '07, 12:58 am

:) Nice.

I'll enjoy doing them, I have one query, is it possible to have them in varying difficulties? For example more, smaller pieces to move around..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '07, 12:20 am

My original plan was to have some puzzles that were more difficult than others. It would be possible to have a selectable difficulty setting on each puzzle, though. I like that idea better. Thanks for the suggestion, I will see about adding that in the near future. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 15, '07, 12:43 am

I just tried the newest jigsaw puzzle and it was a lot harder than the other one but still more fun. Hope we see lots more of these, and thanks Thoul!

One question, I was wondering if there was some way we could see how long it takes us to complete one of the puzzles. I've seen some places where they have something like a timer there or something. It would be fun to do them over and over again to try and get a faster speed the next time. Just wondering, and thanks again.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '07, 1:15 am

Interesting idea. I'll look into that. I'm pretty sure it would not be hard to do on the sliding puzzles, but it might be difficult for me to add on the jigsaw puzzles.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 27, '07, 12:58 pm

There's a timer on the sliding puzzles now. When you complete one of those puzzles, the message that pops up will tell you both how many moves and how many minutes/seconds it took you to finish the puzzle.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Aug 27, '07, 5:53 pm

Thoul wrote:There's a timer on the sliding puzzles now. When you complete one of those puzzles, the message that pops up will tell you both how many moves and how many minutes/seconds it took you to finish the puzzle.
:) Nice!
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Return to Site Announcements