Odin and Tyler

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Odin and Tyler

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 1, '07, 11:07 pm

Continuing the theme of relation topics, do you believe that Odin and PSII's Tyler have any connection? Like Alys/Alis, they have similar names; Odin's original name is Tylon (or Tyrone or Tyron, depending on the translator). There's something of a physical resemblance, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Odin and Tyler

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 2, '07, 12:55 am

Thoul wrote:Continuing the theme of relation topics, do you believe that Odin and PSII's Tyler have any connection? Like Alys/Alis, they have similar names; Odin's original name is Tylon (or Tyrone or Tyron, depending on the translator). There's something of a physical resemblance, too.
They're both blonde and strong. I'd trade Shir for him. I bet he'd have been A LOT more useful! :D Anyway, that would be a nice series tie-in if they made Tyler a descendant of Odin. That way Odin would have some direct references through all 3 games.

You know, he's the only one that doesn't get mentioned in a game after PSI :hmm: . People that see the Elsydeon sequence probably wonder who that guy is. There aren't direct references, like, "hey, look at Myau!" but the other characters are alluded to. There's "the old man", the telepathy ball keeps Noah around, and there's the Alis statue at Termi. No fair! Tyler being a descendant would give him a reference too! :wink:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 2, '07, 4:39 am

I'm not sure about any connections. They do resemble one another, though. On another note, Odin, Tyler, and Rudo all look alike to me. Must be the blond hair and similar features.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu Aug 2, '07, 6:34 am

The Komrade wrote:They're both blonde and strong. I'd trade Shir for him. I bet he'd have been A LOT more useful! :D

Except that Shir probably jacked his ship while travelling back to Mota at some point. :lol:

The Komrade wrote:You know, he's the only one that doesn't get mentioned in a game after PSI :hmm: . People that see the Elsydeon sequence probably wonder who that guy is. There aren't direct references, like, "hey, look at Myau!" but the other characters are alluded to. There's "the old man", the telepathy ball keeps Noah around, and there's the Alis statue at Termi. No fair! Tyler being a descendant would give him a reference too! :wink:

Well, I'm guessing he figured that people would remember who he is; already being a legendary warrior and everything. That or his tribute got destroyed along with Palma.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 2, '07, 10:44 pm

Shinuzzo wrote:Except that Shir probably jacked his ship while travelling back to Mota at some point. :lol:
:lol:

Shinuzzo wrote:Well, I'm guessing he figured that people would remember who he is; already being a legendary warrior and everything. That or his tribute got destroyed along with Palma.
Nice idea! We'll never know...
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Neithird » Fri Aug 3, '07, 2:27 pm

I don't know about Tyler... it would make sense, I suppose. All the other main PS1 chars are referenced even in 2, so Odin should be too.

What always struck me as odd about the legacy of the heroes was Myau being remembered as Alis' companion, especially on that statue in Termi. He was supposed to have been Odin's travelling partner originally, but somehow that was completely forgotten.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 4, '07, 12:01 am

Neithird wrote:What always struck me as odd about the legacy of the heroes was Myau being remembered as Alis' companion, especially on that statue in Termi. He was supposed to have been Odin's travelling partner originally, but somehow that was completely forgotten.
Oh, yeah. I never thought about that one! That is a major change.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 12:45 am

Actually Odin is mentioned in every game:

PSGaiden: In the beginning the game talk about "Alis and Odin life" (almost like they were married)

PS2: «The glorious man who used to fight to save Algo is buried here» this is a sentence of an Esper in “Esper Mantion”
Lutz is alive at this time, if Old Man is really Myau and Arisa is still a woman, then they are talking about Odin.

PS4: In the final battle Gryz wears a Laconian Axe. Maybe Grandfather Dorin gave that to him. If you agree what was said above (PS2), maybe Rune (Lutz5) who is a good friend of grandfather Dorin gave him the laconian axe (witch was buried with "the glorious man" in Esper Mantion).

Why?
Maybe Rune, Alys and Dorin had an adventure together before PS4 (somehow that could be the reason why he know Alys sizes and why the three know each other) and Grandfather needed that Axe at that time or Lutz just felt he should leave the axe with Dorin to keep it just until the final moment arrived. They don't give much emphases to this because if it was too evident could interfere in people's choice for the final battle - they would always choose Gryz (with Odin's Axe - to join the 4 mystic weapons) instead of choosing the remain protectors.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby newsblade » Wed Mar 26, '08, 11:35 am

What always struck me as odd about the legacy of the heroes was Myau being remembered as Alis' companion, especially on that statue in Termi. He was supposed to have been Odin's travelling partner originally, but somehow that was completely forgotten.

Maybe this proves Termi already existed in PS1. It's like a hidden city on a side quest (yet to exist), since in PS2 we don't see it either and for certainly already existed.

We know that the first time she traveled to Motabia was to rescue Myau (who had ashline to save Odin who was still in stone at medusa's tower in Palma). So between saving the musk cat and departing again to Palma she passed by that village and was the only one to have enough courage to help Termi against Lashiec's guys (we know Lashiec had devastated some villages like that one near Perseus' shield). Since the heroine of yore -at that time- only walked around in the company of a little cat it is very possible that her legend started (in Termi) at that period of time even before becoming a queen.

«This is the Hill of the Person of Courage.»
«You don't know about our heroine? You'll be stricken by divine punishment! She was a great person who long, long ago confronted and conquered the evil wizard.»

If this idea is correct Termi is also a 2000 years old village, like Uzo, and what people of Termi call "Alis sword" is not the "enchanted sword" (the laconian) she uses against DF, but a sword Alis carried before that (by consequence that -termi's sword- is not elsydeon either).

Ok, there's just another possibility. When she came back from Copto she may have joined forces with Myau to defeat a new evil who was, for instance, messing with people of Termi. In this case her weapon may be the laconinan sword, Odin is already death (since he isn't with myau anymore), Lutz is sleeping in Esper Mansion and Termi have less than 2000 years.

But since all references points to the time of Lashiec, I go by the first idea (there's no mention of "the new evil" in Motabia, so that fight could only have happened in Parma, in space (ex: spaceship) and hardly in Dezolis. «This heroine of the past you talk about, she put her adversary down by force, right? Only uncivilized people would do something like that.»
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Mar 27, '08, 9:38 am

newsblade wrote:PS2: «The glorious man who used to fight to save Algo is buried here» this is a sentence of an Esper in “Esper Mantion”
Lutz is alive at this time, if Old Man is really Myau and Arisa is still a woman, then they are talking about Odin.

I'm not so sure this references to Odin and not Noah/Lutz. Noah (or Lutz if you want) who fought Lassic and Dark Force 2000 years did die. His memories were on passed on to future generations but the physical man himself did die and it would seem logical to me they buried him in the Esper Mansion. It wouldn't be a reference to Myau in my eyes, whether Myau is the Old Man or not, since Myau will be considered a cat and not called a man. To go a bit off topic, recently I have started to think that the Old Man is a descendant of Myau, since he says that the Silver Tusk has been handed down for generations. If he really had been Myau, it wouldn't have been handed down to him from generations since it was acquired for him by Alis in PSI.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Next

Return to Classic Series