Toy Story 3

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Toy Story 3

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 22, '10, 9:48 pm

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

If so, what did you think of it?

It seems to be doing very well in the ratings so far, and has come in ahead of the competition including "The A-Team", etc.

Here's an article I found on actor Michael Keaton ("Batman", "Beetlejuice"), who plays Ken, friend to Barbie doll in the movie. Sounds like an unusual role for Keaton, but he seemed to enjoy it.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... 2_ST_N.htm

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Toy Story 3

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:55 am

I saw it Saturday, and it was really good. It fit in well with the first two Toy Story movies, and was every bit as good as they were, too. If you can see it in 3D, I highly recommend it. Pixar did a great job, as usual, though I want to point out that of all the Toy Story movies, this one has darker and more intense moments. My five-year-old covered his eyes several times (nothing really happened, but it sure seemed like bad things were going to happen).

I had no idea Keaton voiced Ken! Ken was my favorite character in this movie.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Snorb » Wed Jun 23, '10, 7:05 am

This was my girlfriend's son's first movie- we saw it yesterday, and he loved it so much! (Though he enjoyed his popcorn and soda more. =p)

Anyone seeing this movie who hasn't yet- prepare to cry, especially at the ending. God knows I did.

Fun Fact #2: Whoopi Goldberg and Timothy Dalton are in the movie, also! =D
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:30 pm

I still want to watch this film, but in 3-D. It's only being released on Friday, though. The normal version appeared in cinemas here a week ago. I really love the first two movies, and Snorb, you say there's a tearjerker at the end? Well then, I must go and see it! My fav Pixar movie by far was Up. Lovely. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:37 pm

You know, I don't think I've ever seen the first two movies. I should probably watch those sometime...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Feature Films