Female Centric Ghostbusters Reboot In the Works

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Female Centric Ghostbusters Reboot In the Works

Postby S4Blade » Sun Aug 3, '14, 3:48 pm

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/02/ ... ers-reboot

Going along with the female Thor topic from a short while ago, apparently there is a reboot of the Ghostbusters movie in the works that will focus on a group of female Ghostbusters.

Could be interesting, what do you think about this?
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Female Centric Ghostbusters Reboot In the Works

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Aug 3, '14, 7:37 pm

I think this sounds awesome. After Harold Ramis's death the original gang couldn't really get back together anyway, so this sounds like a great, fun way to reboot the franchise. I'm all for it.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Aug 3, '14, 8:44 pm

I was just reading something about this a few moments ago and my first reaction was no way would this work with a bunch of female Ghostbusters, however, on second thought it might have a shot.

I must admit to being partial to the original Ghostbuster cast and wanting them together again but since one of them has passed away now and it has been many, many years since they were together, and it seems for whatever reason almost impossible to get the remaining alive old gang together again, they are going to certainly have to do something new and fresh in an upcoming film. I remember reading when they were last talking about trying to get a 3rd Ghostbusters started that they kind of wanted to pass the torch along to a younger group of Ghostbusters and such. So, yeah, I could see it happening with female Ghostbusters who were probably somehow related to the original Ghostbusters from past movies. Although in my opinion there does need to be some type of male role involved to entice female movie goers to want to see the film more. Female Ghostbusters would be a good incentive to both a female and male audience but while guys may enjoy looking at the gals, the gals might enjoy some eye candy too, so to speak. Although if they just have the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the movie some how, that will be enough to make me happy. Love that dude, lol. I even still have my own Marshmallow Man toy figurine from the old movies!! :lol:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Aug 3, '14, 10:30 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it would be a good way to reboot the series. After all it would be hard to have a brand new male cast which would be over shadowed by the original Ghostbusters.

Personally, I'd like to see at least one new male Ghostbuster in the group. Maybe Oscar could fill in that role with Dan Aykroyds character filling in for a mentor spot. The rest of the Ghostbusters could be retired or passed away. Dan's character could realize he's too old to do the job anymore and Oscar could have been filling in the void after Bill Murray's character left. So they could be out hiring and it just so happens they hire three females as they were the best fit.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 28, '15, 3:54 am

Talks may be under way for the new "Ghostbusters" movie featuring females in the role of Ghostbusters:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-ghostb ... 76947.html

Only one of these ladies that I am familiar with is Melissa McCarthey. Anyone know any of the others?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jan 28, '15, 1:26 pm

Oh look, another pointless reboot.

Because writing new stories is so ancient.

And because destroying my childhood is cool.

Bah.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Jan 28, '15, 2:30 pm

I LOVE Kate McKinnon, she is hilarious and brilliant. I like the other actresses well enough, too. There are plenty of ways for this to go wrong, so I'm not going to have super-high expectations, but it's also possible this could be a lot of fun.

I'll admit that I don't have very strong nostalgic/emotional ties to the original, but my husband does (it was a favorite among him and his friends when they were younger), and even he thinks that with this cast, there's potential for a good movie.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 1, '15, 6:32 pm

It looks like actor Bill Murray (who was in the original "Ghostbuster" movie) may make an appearance in this new female cast "Ghostbusters' movie, although as a completely different character than he previously played in the other movies:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bill-murra ... 20577.html

It will be good to see him again regardless.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Tue Sep 1, '15, 9:29 pm

It's gonna be good to see him again.

Also, the pictures of the uniforms and new Ectomobile are out there on the internet! Will find them later.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 20, '15, 10:57 pm

Actor Ernie Hudson who was also in the original "Ghostbusters" movie is going to be in this new female Ghostbusters movie also. Yay!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/er ... nsmsnent11

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Feature Films