Transformers 4

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Transformers 4

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 1, '13, 9:36 pm

Anyone looking forward to the upcoming movie "Transformers 4" ?

It looks like there will be a lot of action taking place in this latest version of the "Transformers" saga.

Here's a link to see more if you are interested, but if you'd rather be surprised and wait to see it all at the theater, then be forewarned now that it may contain spoilers, etc.:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/3 ... 18857.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Transformers 4

Postby Rylen » Tue Oct 1, '13, 10:44 pm

I'm very cautious when it comes to this 4th film. Dark of the Moon was a good end cap for the BayFormers in general. So I'm not sure the need to make a 4th film. Given that the early reports suggested a near total reboot rather than a continuation.

Sounds like many of the autobots that were in the previous film won't be in this one. Instead we will have some new characters like Hound and the DinoBots. But depending on the Voice acting it will be a gamble to see if Bay can pull it off.

While the TF films have been good for the brand. Some of the things Bay does in his films leaves me troubled. Such has his disregard for fan loved characters. He focuses on the human story while the bots take a second seat. This is Transformers. Not Human Alliance.

So till I see the first trailer I'm going to take a wait and see view of things.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby S4Blade » Wed Oct 2, '13, 4:46 pm

I'm not a big movie fan, but my friend made me watch the first Transformers movie and I thought it was terrible. I have had no desire to watch any of them since.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Rylen » Thu Oct 3, '13, 8:52 pm

The only thing(s) that saved Bayformer film was Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, and Charlie Addler.

Cullen was the voice of Optimus Prime in the 80's. He returned to the role in the Bay films. Welker was the voice of many of the cons back on that show. Even Soundwave. (A role that he returned to in DOTM and ROTF). Addler was the voice of several G1 characters and was the voice of Star Scream. It was the nod to G1 that allowed the fan to support the film for the most part.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 13, '14, 5:26 am

More news on the upcoming "Transformers" movie:

http://t.autos.msn.com/news/transformer ... veals-cars

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 13, '14, 8:47 pm

Like Vistable, I've never been a great movie fan but why not if some friend invite me ? ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 16, '14, 8:40 pm

I generally agree with what Rylen put forth above. There were some good things about the movies, but plenty of aspects that I view negatively as well.

That said, TF 4 supposedly has the Dinobots. If handled well, the Dinobots could carry the movie on their own. They're just that darn awesome. Now, if only the movie had a director that would handle them well...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jun 16, '14, 8:52 pm

To me, TF1 was fun and new. I didn't mind human characters such as the G.I. and the SI7, but the comic relief focused on "Shia NONONONONO" and his parents was what killed it. TF2 was terrible with all the toilet humor and the Yo-tobots. TF3 was better than the second by far but it was still too human-centric. The villain was far from credible and they made Megatron useless.

Overall, I am less than thrilled with what Bay has done with Transformers. I'll rent the 4th one. Eventually.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Rylen » Tue Jun 17, '14, 11:28 pm

I think TF4 is going to be a much different film than before. From what I can tell the main story is going to be well past the point of Autobot vs Decpticon. Lockdown is known in the TV verse as a bounty hunter. So the question is who hired him and why. It wasn't the humans. I also think the thread is much more darker than the previous films.

As far as the story goes. Bay has taken stuff directly from G1. DOTM was clearly inspired by some stuff in the first season of the cartoon. The idea if Cybertron being brought to Earth is not a new concept. Even ROTF which had it's issues still borrowed from the source comics. In this case Dreamwave's War within. So I'm expecting more of this.

I think the Dinobots have a fair chance. Depending on how they are presented. Wouldn't surprise me if they throw in some Beast Wars style reference in this movie. But we shall see.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jun 30, '14, 6:53 pm

The new Transformers movie has a huge opening at the box office:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office ... 32242.html

Not very surprising to me as the Transformers are very, very popular characters. Can't wait to see this one. Has anyone seen it yet, and if so, what did you think of the movie?

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Feature Films