Transformers 3

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Transformers 3

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jun 29, '11, 1:15 pm

"Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon" opens at some theaters this weekend, I believe it is.

Here is an article describing the recent premiere of the movie:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/201 ... port_n.htm

And, Here is one review on the movie:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-crit ... ?GT1=28101

Are you planning to go see this movie?

After you have seen it, let us know what your opinion/review of the movie is. :yes:

Also, I found this article on "Transformers 3" actor, Josh Duhamel and how he is trying to help his childhood home town in North Dakota as they are struggling with flood disaster issues, etc. Josh should be complimented on his efforts. :clap: He seems like a nice guy. For anyone that may remember, he acted on the soap opera "All My Children" for many years before making it big in Hollywood, etc.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... er-in-nd/1
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Jun 29, '11, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 30, '11, 6:46 am

I'll be passing on this one, I think. I've seen a few reviews and they all say it is worse than Transformers 2. That must make it really difficult to enjoy. I think I'd rather not have my opinion of the franchise tarnished by such a film.
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Jul 1, '11, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Thu Jun 30, '11, 5:05 pm

I remember when I went to go see The Hangover Part II earlier this month getting annoyed at all the trailers before the movie, and when the Dark Of The Moon trailer came on, I don't remember being thrilled or excited. >_>
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Xander » Thu Jun 30, '11, 7:13 pm

One was mediocre at best. I wanted to go see a film about said transformers and ended up disappointed when all I got was a film that seemed mostly to center on the human element of the plot which, if I wanted to see, I would have gone to see another film.
Two was pretty much the same but now had the inclusion of conspiracies and other nonsense I didn't give a darn about. It's almost following the trend in modern gaming where everything has to be full of dark, angsty stuff, despite the original subject matter being giant robots clobbering each other.

Will I go see 3? Heh, no. Not unless I get to see it for free. And even then, I'd rather go see something else. The trailer gives me the impression that it's just the same as the others. Plus, I'm kind of wondering why they keep introducing it as a michael bay film almost as if that's the sub-title. If they're really needing to make it plain who directed the thing in order to get folk to go see it, then I'm going to pass for sure.

Soooo yeah. Not going to see this one. I think the series, on a whole, was a load of crap.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 11, '11, 1:44 am

Congratulations to the new "Transformers 3" movie as it has set a new record:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... y-10_n.htm
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose: