Demo to be released soon! ^^

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Demo to be released soon! ^^

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Sep 30, '09, 9:05 pm

I am pleased to inform the PS community that a demo of my fan-game will be released soon.In order to play the game though,you will either need to have RPGMaker XP installed on you PC or download the RGSS-RTP from the link below.

http://www.rpg-makerxp.com
The download is about 23mb in size.

After you have downloaded the above software,merely place my game into the same folder where you placed the RGSS-RTP.Then extract...and play. :D

If all else fails,download RPGMaker XP itself.
It's 29.5mb in size and you'll get a free trial version of the game.This trial will last for 30 days,then the program will expire.OR you can by the full version for the hefty price of $60. :( Even when the program expires,you can still play RPGMaker XP games. :D
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Thu Aug 19, '10, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Demo to be released soon! ^^

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 30, '09, 9:53 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:OR you can by the full version for the hefty price of $60.

Yes... sixty dollars.. >_> We'll just go with that...

But I could have swore that you could play the games without the rtp as long as all the proper files were included in the game. Guess I was wrong maybe? Well, either way. Congrats thus far on your progress. I salute you! :salute:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Wed Sep 30, '09, 11:51 pm

I bought RPG Maker XP for $60 a few years ago, and haven't touched it since RPG Maker VX came out.

Still, looking forward to the demo! ^_^
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Oct 1, '09, 10:55 am

Well,here's the link for my fan-game.Please read through the included read-me file.And before you do anything,please make sure you have downloaded RPGMaker XP or have in installed on your PC.That's all. :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewxwyljyy98

Hope you enjoy! :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Oct 2, '09, 7:25 am

YAYAY! Downloading this as I type! I'll give you a review when I'm done playing it!

====
[EDIT]
First problem I had at the start was "could not find file 'Intro1'" So yeah... I'll look into the files and see what I can find

===
[EDIT 2]
Just a few things with the tilesets. In Piata, the items on the tables can be walked on. The palm trees are very solid and you can't walk behind them. The fountain by the two girls can be walked upon and I'm sure there is other stuff like that. But to top it off, just let me say damn the graphics are good and it's fun talking to the NPCs.

If you want me to help you with the tilesets just let me know. I don't have a problem helping out.

===
[EDIT 3]
Panaromas... gone... there is a missing file... it's kinda annoying...But I'll live... I'l just change the panorama although I don't think they are needed. But well, onto my way to continue testing/playing.

===
[EDIT 4]
Found a bunch more tilemap errors, but nothing too serious. IT's more or less, I should be able to step here but I can't/ I can step here but I shouldn't.

I also have to say the Igglanova was too easy. I beat him with Alys and Chaz in 6 turns. I think I had more trouble getting to the boss than actually fighting it.

I will say this though, I had a good laugh from viewing Alys' character sheet. I also like how they are set up, it's kind of like it's her hunter's license. That's the kind of feel I get from it. As for that poor kid in the bar. I feel sorry him after being hit by Alys. But he did enjoy so it's okay then.(?)

As said before, if you want help changing the tilesets so they are accurate, don't be afraid to ask me for help.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Oct 2, '09, 1:29 pm

Nope,I don't have a problem at all with you helping out,Atlin.From reading this post,I believe you can actually peek at the innards of the game,right?So,you could adjust the statistics of the monsters who are too easy.Plus,in my new release that I'm working on,all the mosnters will be animated.The file is also 30 mb smaller. :D

You can help me with the tilesets as well.

As for their tech sheets,I knew you'de get a laugh out of it,because I stayed true to Alys' personality for the entire game.Wait till you get to Krup...man,those scenes are hilarious. :rofl:

As for the guy in the bar...well,if you got hit by a hot woman,would you say it felt good? :wink: Or not...? :)

So,do you like the menus?Or are they a bit too overdone?

Credit will be given to you,Atlin.Btw,would you mind helping out for the object investigation,you know,like when you investigate a flower pot,Chaz will say "Nice flowers"".What a pansy. :lol: In the game he goes even further.If you investigate a pot plant,he'll say,predictably,"Nice plant." :lol:

I've only added those interactions to most of Piata.The other towns are still missing.So,could you help out?

EDIT:I'm working on the beta version of the game now,and added the Frostbite status when you are on Dezolis,as well as a 'Heatstroke' stat,which will damage your chars during battle as well as on the overworld maps.
The 'Frostbite' stat can be countered by equipping fur coats that can be bought at Ryoun.Yeah,I'm adding a bit of realism to the game. :D I'm suprised Rika didn't die of frostbite in the original or that Wren froze up -circuit malfunctioning due to extreme temperatures. :lol:

Wren:System error 4312...Maximum output at 12.54431 %.Status...critical...'plonk' 'squeak' 'squeak' 'thud'
Rika:Wren...!
Alys:Rune,just wallop the guy with a Flaeli.
Rune:I think that will do more harm than good,Alys...
Alys:And can someone do something about that squeaking?It's beginning to drive me up the wall...

Just an example of the dialogue found in-game. :rofl:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 2, '09, 1:54 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:The 'Frostbite' stat can be countered by equipping fur coats that can be bought at Ryoun.Yeah,I'm adding a bit of realism to the game. :D I'm suprised Rika didn't die of frostbite in the original or that Wren froze up -circuit malfunctioning due to extreme temperatures. :lol:

Rika was originally going to have a different, more armored outfit for Dezo's weather. It was dropped from the game for some reason. I think it was too much work to put it into the battle system or something.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 2, '09, 3:40 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:EDIT:I'm working on the beta version of the game now,and added the Frostbite status when you are on Dezolis,as well as a 'Heatstroke' stat,which will damage your chars during battle as well as on the overworld maps.
The 'Frostbite' stat can be countered by equipping fur coats that can be bought at Ryoun.Yeah,I'm adding a bit of realism to the game. :D I'm suprised Rika didn't die of frostbite in the original or that Wren froze up -circuit malfunctioning due to extreme temperatures. :lol:

Alright, that's it...are you a fellow Earthbound fan? :D I ask because in both desert areas in Earthbound you get sunstroke which damages you a bit each turn and in the overworld map. No frostbite, though, but there's only one winter/cold area in the game anyway, and you don't spend much time there anyway. What next, something that'll give the PSIV characters colds? Homesickness? Food healing you? :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Oct 2, '09, 7:21 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:As for the guy in the bar...well,if you got hit by a hot woman,would you say it felt good? :wink: Or not...? :)

Maybe... >_>
So,do you like the menus?Or are they a bit too overdone?

I'll admit, they are pretty fancy. Gotta thank MOG for that one. THough I'm sure a few more tweaks on the graphics in the menus could be done, but for now they are fine as they are.

Credit will be given to you,Atlin.Btw,would you mind helping out for the object investigation,you know,like when you investigate a flower pot,Chaz will say "Nice flowers"".What a pansy. :lol: In the game he goes even further.If you investigate a pot plant,he'll say,predictably,"Nice plant." :lol:

Sure, I don't mind, though if many of the objects are going to be the same. It might be best if you used common events. I noticed that everything was done seperately.

EDIT:I'm working on the beta version of the game now,and added the Frostbite status when you are on Dezolis,as well as a 'Heatstroke' stat,which will damage your chars during battle as well as on the overworld maps.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Can't wait.

So I'll just start the tilesets modding whenever you want me to.

===
[EDIT]
Well, I was just messing with the igglanova fight. I turned it into a real boss fight now. "YAY! I upped the igglanova's HP to 8500 and added two Xanafalgues to the battle. Aside from Hahn being eliminated first round, everyone else did alright.

Also just a note on the battle system. When you select attack and go to cancel, there is a glitch and it won't bring the menu action menu back up. So if you choose attack you better commit! I'd fix it but I'm still a beginner at Ruby.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Oct 2, '09, 9:04 pm

CW: I hope you don't take offense at this,but I never heard of Earthbound until I saw your posts. :( It sounds like a great game,though. :) I'm just adding a bit of realism to the game.

Atlin:Could you be more specific about the common events?I'd really like to know how you do it. :wink: Hehe,poor Hahn.It's recommended you keep him alive,you know.He can actually be quite useful in that hell that is the Tonoe basement. :D But,of course,you can make it much harder...hehehehe.Btw,do you use the Defense command?Your chars take half damage from battle.I normally let Hahn defend from level 1 through to about lvl 4,when he has some decent HP and TP.And I let Alys buff as usual.

And I know about that annoying glitch that pops up every now and then. :bang: It doesn't only happen with the Attack command,but even for the Skill/Tech command.It's not very common,thankfully. :melodramatic:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More