Trade, sell, or keep?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Trade, sell, or keep?

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 22, '08, 9:33 pm

When you've finished playing a game, what do you do with it? A lot of stores offer credit towards another game if you trade one in. There are lots of ways to sell today - online, to friends, pawn shops, and others. Or would you rather just keep your games? Also, what about consoles? Do you keep old ones when you get the next generation machines?

I usually keep my games, but I have sold a few I knew I wasn't going to play any more. I keep my consoles too, but I did sell my first NES a year or two ago. It mostly didn't work any more, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 22, '08, 10:13 pm

I will never sell any game and console I own. I mean sure you beat the game, but sometimes after awhile you may wanna go back and play that game again.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 23, '08, 2:43 am

Depends. Consoles get kept. Games...well, it depends. Simply put, did I like playing it or not? Will I end up replaying it or not? The vast majority of games that I complete I keep, but there are a few that I end up selling or trading in for store credit or something.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sun Nov 23, '08, 3:34 am

I did sell a couple of my old snes games. But I regret doing it now :( . I plan on keeping all my games from now on because in a few more years they will become collectors items because video game keep evolving and updating so fast now days.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 23, '08, 4:16 pm

I also sold many NES and Genesis games back in the day that I now regret. If I wanted new games I didn't really have a choice when I was in high school/college. Now that I'm trying to collect 8 & 16 bit games again I only sell duplicates. I also donate my duplicate N64 games to a local hospital that has N64 systems in the children's wing.

For newer systems (Gamecube, PS2) I usually keep most of the games I buy but will sell a few that I don't like or can never see myself playing again. I've probably ebayed 5-6 this year.

I've never sold a console unless you count some of the many duplicate 32Xs I've picked-up over the years.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 23, '08, 4:28 pm

Yep, back in my high school days, I used to sell the games that I didn't think that I'd play again as well. Sadly, there are many games that I sold that I want back now. :cry: Oh well... Anyway, the games that I sold were sold to Gamestop for credit at the store towards another game. So it wasn't a complete loss!

Systems? I never sell those. How would I play my old games again, after all? XD

@Hugues: That's so sweet of you to donate your duplicates~ I'm sure the kids love them~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Nov 25, '08, 4:26 am

I sell some of my old games to help buy new games. ;D Of course, I am careful about which games I sell and which games I don't; you never know when you want to play those old games after all. As for my old consoles, I don't sell them. Even if I have something that can replace it (Hooray for backwards capability!) I still like to hang on to those old systems for the memories.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming