Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trade, sell, or keep?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, '08, 9:33 pm 
When you've finished playing a game, what do you do with it? A lot of stores offer credit towards another game if you trade one in. There are lots of ways to sell today - online, to friends, pawn shops, and others. Or would you rather just keep your games? Also, what about consoles? Do you keep old ones when you get the next generation machines?

I usually keep my games, but I have sold a few I knew I wasn't going to play any more. I keep my consoles too, but I did sell my first NES a year or two ago. It mostly didn't work any more, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, '08, 10:13 pm 
I will never sell any game and console I own. I mean sure you beat the game, but sometimes after awhile you may wanna go back and play that game again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, '08, 2:43 am 
Depends. Consoles get kept. Games...well, it depends. Simply put, did I like playing it or not? Will I end up replaying it or not? The vast majority of games that I complete I keep, but there are a few that I end up selling or trading in for store credit or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, '08, 3:34 am 
I did sell a couple of my old snes games. But I regret doing it now :( . I plan on keeping all my games from now on because in a few more years they will become collectors items because video game keep evolving and updating so fast now days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, '08, 4:16 pm 
I also sold many NES and Genesis games back in the day that I now regret. If I wanted new games I didn't really have a choice when I was in high school/college. Now that I'm trying to collect 8 & 16 bit games again I only sell duplicates. I also donate my duplicate N64 games to a local hospital that has N64 systems in the children's wing.

For newer systems (Gamecube, PS2) I usually keep most of the games I buy but will sell a few that I don't like or can never see myself playing again. I've probably ebayed 5-6 this year.

I've never sold a console unless you count some of the many duplicate 32Xs I've picked-up over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, '08, 4:28 pm 
Yep, back in my high school days, I used to sell the games that I didn't think that I'd play again as well. Sadly, there are many games that I sold that I want back now. :cry: Oh well... Anyway, the games that I sold were sold to Gamestop for credit at the store towards another game. So it wasn't a complete loss!

Systems? I never sell those. How would I play my old games again, after all? XD

@Hugues: That's so sweet of you to donate your duplicates~ I'm sure the kids love them~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, '08, 4:26 am 
I sell some of my old games to help buy new games. ;D Of course, I am careful about which games I sell and which games I don't; you never know when you want to play those old games after all. As for my old consoles, I don't sell them. Even if I have something that can replace it (Hooray for backwards capability!) I still like to hang on to those old systems for the memories.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]