Tommy Morrison died

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Tommy Morrison died

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 3, '13, 3:34 am

Tommy "The Duke" Morrison, a famous boxer and former boxing champion as well as an actor (he played the role of boxer Tommy Gunn in the movie "Rocky V") has died today, Sept. 2. He was only 44 years young.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/to ... --box.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/t ... -44-090213

Tommy was a great nephew of famous actor John Wayne. John Wayne's real name was Marion Michael Morrison. I think they were both known as "The Duke" for various reasons.

My heart is very sad tonight and thinking about Tommy's death. Although I wasn't that familiar with his boxing career (other than knowing he had one), he was in my favorite movie "Rocky V". I have watched that movie so many times, and I watched it just a little while ago to "honor" Tommy in the only way I could at the moment. So sad that a promising life had to end so young.

My condolences go out to his family. May he r.i.p. :tombstone: :rose:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Tommy Morrison died

Postby MrKite » Tue Sep 3, '13, 3:56 am

Wasn't familiar with his work other than Rocky V which I only saw once on TV back in 2006.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Tommy Morrison died

Postby S4Blade » Tue Sep 3, '13, 12:21 pm

I remember him from Rocky V, but I have never watched any of his fights. Then again, I don't pat attention to boxing at all.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Return to Entertainment