Toaplan Shooters!

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Toaplan Shooters!

Postby MrKite » Tue Feb 22, '22, 1:46 am

One of my recent purchases for the Switch, which was also the third japanese import I bought for the system so far, was "Kyukyoku Tiger Heli - Toaplan Arcade Garage", which covers three games by the legendary Toaplan. Tiger-Heli, which is also the very first game they ever made, Kyukyoku Tiger, also known in english as Twin Cobra, and third game, which is an obscure beat em up/platformer hybrid called "GetStar", known internationally as Guardian. I remember playing Tiger-Heli lots on the NES back in the day. Absolutely loved it. And said NES version is also featured on the collection along with the Famicom, MegaDrive and PC Engine versions of Kyukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra. The only thing I didn't like about the collection was that even though it only came out just a few months ago and is still easily available, you usually can't find it anywhere for less than $70-$80! But nonetheless it was great to revisit these classics, and I finally got to play the PC Engine version of Kyukyoku Tiger for the first time ever because of this collection, which I think of the three console ports is the best. But these three games aren't the only titles that Toaplan is famous for of course, they are also responsible for games like Skyshark, also known as Flying Shark, which is another game I played on the NES back in the day, Flying Shark, and of course, the legendary TRUXTON!!! Toaplan's games were much more fun than I remember, but were at the same time pretty hard. Not hard enough that they were unplayable though!

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Toaplan Shooters!

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 22, '22, 11:41 am

Very nice set of videos ! Thank you dear MrKite ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Tue Feb 22, '22, 3:22 pm

It's an honor!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 25, '22, 6:38 pm

MrKite wrote:It's an honor!
You're welcome ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master