TMNT Hyperstone Heist "Enhanced" Repro

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

TMNT Hyperstone Heist "Enhanced" Repro

Postby MrKite » Thu Jun 8, '17, 12:11 am

I picked this up over the weekend being that I didn't already own a copy of this game, it cost about as much as it probably would buying a pre owned copy of the original game, and this transparent green cartridge it came in looked pretty cool. This is supposed to have better color than the regular game so it looks more closer to its more popular SNES counterpart Turtles In Time, but it doesn't look much different than the regular version of the game. It's supposed to look how it does when you apply this patch to an existing ROM of the regular game, which I have a link to show examples of, but not sure if a site like the one it is hosted on is against the forum rules or not. Maybe it's my TV and it will only bring out the enhanced effect if I play it on a certain TV? The before/after screenshot comparison I saw looks more like the "before" versions of them:

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: TMNT Hyperstone Heist "Enhanced" Repro

Postby myau56 » Thu Jun 8, '17, 12:55 pm

TMNT the Hyperstone Heist was a great MD game ! I can remember playing it many years ago ! :)
About this enhanced version, to me too it doesn't seem to have many differences but the game is still great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Mon Jun 12, '17, 11:45 pm

myau56 wrote:TMNT the Hyperstone Heist was a great MD game ! I can remember playing it many years ago ! :)
About this enhanced version, to me too it doesn't seem to have many differences but the game is still great ! :)

Yeah it seems as if the only thing "enhanced" about it is the transparent green cartridge which looks cool, but I think I got shiested on the bit about it looking better than the original.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Tue Jun 13, '17, 12:53 pm

Hope it's a bit better than the original ! And the transparent green is great too :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Retro Roundup