Original PS characters

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Original PS characters

Postby Waterfaller » Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:06 am

These are two characters I made up from a looong time ago. Recently I decided to re-sketch them rather abruptly, so parts of their design are kinda... lacking lol

This is Iris, an Esper who fights with slicers. As sweet as she may seem, she's slightly bitter about the way the Esper Mansion is being run. Rune had long passed, and she's very talented, and is basically the best candidate to be the next Lutz. Unfortunately for her, the elders aren't to keen on her becoming his vessel. Because she's a woman. This is proof I'd been reading too much Earthsea lol

Now we have an android named Anjanette. Anja for short. As you can see, she enjoys her guns. She is... very dry witted. Imagine Dorothy from The Big-O anime series, and that's basically her personality. Too many people asked me if she was a CAST. :grumpy:
Last edited by Waterfaller on Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waterfaller
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 27

Re: Original PS characters

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 2, '11, 6:06 pm

These are great designs! I can definitely see the Phantasy Star influence in them, especially Anja. She would make a great addition to the ranks of the androids.
As sweet as she may seem, she's slightly bitter about the way the Esper Mansion is being run. Rune had long passed, and she's very talented, and is basically the best candidate to be the next Lutz. Unfortunately for her, the elders aren't to keen on her becoming his vessel. Because she's a woman. This is proof I'd been reading too much Earthsea lol

Maybe so, but that makes for a great hook in a story about the character. It would be fun to explore, I bet.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Waterfaller » Wed Feb 2, '11, 7:04 pm

Thanks Thoul! I'm trying to decide whether Anja would look better wielding two smaller guns, or one BFG!

A couple changes I have decided to make on Iris' design is making her tiara more like Kyra's, since it seems that's what most of the Espers wear. Her clothing though is definitely a throwback to Phantasy Star the First :)

I also intentionally went for that late 80's-mid 90's design in mind :)
Waterfaller
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:19 pm

Personally, I would like to see Anja wielding two smaller guns. We've seen plenty of PS characters with large rifles, so a pair of pistols on a classic style character would be something different.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Feb 2, '11, 10:11 pm

Terrific drawings! :)

It will be interesting getting to know these two characters. :yes:

And, more power to the women!!! :wink:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Thu Feb 3, '11, 6:52 pm

I like a butt-kicking woman as much as the next man, so I really enjoyed the drawings. I liked Iris' design more, but I like the idea of a two-fisted pistol-packing girl quite a bit, too.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Lucas » Tue Feb 8, '11, 4:02 am

Awesome character designs, I must say though I think Iris is my favourite out of the two. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Feb 9, '11, 10:27 am

Nice drawings. The body proportions are excellent and the details of clothing are very nice, specially Iris, whose drawing is more complex.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Waterfaller » Thu Feb 10, '11, 1:36 am

tilinelson2 wrote:Nice drawings. The body proportions are excellent and the details of clothing are very nice, specially Iris, whose drawing is more complex.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. I always try my best when it comes to body proportions :yes:
Waterfaller
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Tanith » Thu Feb 10, '11, 5:17 am

Holy cow, these are excellent! Great job, and I really enjoy their bios, too. (I'd love to see these turned into line art and colored, btw.)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Next

Return to Artwork