Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Thundercats
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, '10, 5:35 pm 
The old "Thundercats" cartoon is getting a new update this fall on the Cartoon Network channel:

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/feature ... ?GT1=28140

Any Thundercat fans here?

Who was your favorite Thundercat?

What is your opinion of this new update to the Thundercat story?

Post subject: Re: Thundercats
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, '10, 6:55 pm 
I liked the old show, but I'm not going to form an opinion on this new version just yet. Since the only thing released is that one picture, I think there's just not enough there to base a judgment on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, '10, 2:13 am 
I'm with Thoul. I can't judge it yet until I see the actual show. The concept art looks interesting, but surely isn't an accurate representation of what the new show will look like.

I'm a huge fan of the original. It remember watching it after school every day. Tygra was (and still is) my favorite Thundercat.

Also, the original cartoon had the best intro of any 1980s cartoon. Anyone remember the related show: "Silverhawks"? Also cool. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, '10, 2:27 am 
The Thundercats intro hasn't been topped yet, IMO. ;)

Silverhawks was awesome, too. I haven't seen it in years, though. I'm going to have to look it up again. I have a couple of Thundercats DVDs/VHSes, but I don't know of Silverhawks even has such releases.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, '10, 2:59 am 
I just checked Amazon and Silverhawks is available on DVD, at least the first half of their one season. I don't remember it being so short lived, but a quick check of wikipedia confirmed it was only on for one season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, '10, 3:28 am 
Well, back then seasons had a lot more episodes than they would today. These days a new show gets one episode a week, if that. Silverhawks' one season would the the equivalent of three seasons today. Ah, for the good old days when cartoons aired new episodes every weekday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, '11, 8:18 pm 
It's been a long time, but the first real look at the characters from the new version of ThunderCats has finally been revealed. There's also an interview with producer that gives a few insights as to how the new show is developing.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... in-england
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/27/th ... interview/

The new designs include many changes, but mostly seem to be true to the core of the characters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, '11, 9:02 pm 
Hmm, not too bad from what I can tell...the pic there is a little blurry, but overall for the most part it looks true to the original classic. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, '11, 1:49 am 
Wasn't there a female thundercat? I barely remember her. She fought with a sword or some type of weapon as I recall. She was cute.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, '11, 7:44 pm 
There were three females, but none used a sword. Or at least not regularly; they might have used one in a few odd episodes that I don't recall. One of them used a staff and one used a slingshot I think.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next