Spam

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Spam

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 17, '08, 6:08 pm

Do you like Spam?

I think everyone probably knows what Spam is by now. It's the meat product (almost like ham) that's in the square type little can. It needs no refrigeration, so it's very popular. And it's relatively inexpensive compared to other meats, foods, etc. Also there are many varieties of Spam, and many different ways to cook it.

Any way, I heard that since the economy is doing so bad, that Spam has become even more popular again and the Hormel folks (the company that makes Spam) say that they are practically working overtime to keep up with the recent demand for Spam.

Atleast it's nice to know that some things are prospering during this weak economic times.

By the way, if you like Spam, what is your favorite way to cook it or eat it? Anyone have any Spam receipes??????
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Nov 17, '08, 9:21 pm

Whenever I hear spam, I think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Good ol' Monty Python. This skit is up there with the dead parrot one and the lumberjack song.

I've tried spam once or twice. It really is like ham. But it's been a long time since I've tried it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Mon Nov 17, '08, 9:29 pm

I was always too afraid to try it. I've heard that it was nasty--but I've also heard that it was pretty good, just a lot different from other meats. I imagine that it's salty, for some reason.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Delectable Delicacies