Thor

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Thor

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 8, '11, 8:49 pm

Well, the new " Thor " movie is out, and it seems to have done very well in it's opening debut/weekend.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... 9_st_N.htm

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

Anyone else see it yet and have a review of the film for us???
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Thor

Postby Thoul » Tue May 10, '11, 12:30 am

I'll have to wait a while; my local theater is just now showing movies that opened in March. It will probably be two months before I get to see Thor. I want to see it; the Marvel movies have been great so far and this is supposed to be part of the lead in to the big Avengers movie. Just got to wait for it to come to town.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri May 13, '11, 4:48 am

Strange the US only got it recently. Australia was airing that in our cinemas a fair few weeks ago (during April). A few mates of mine went and watched it. I never went because I was out of it thanks to a another very early day of work. But I wouldn’t mind going to check it out soon.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Fri May 13, '11, 5:17 am

Yeah, I heard it opened earlier in a few overseas countries. Kinda odd, that. I can't recall another movie owned by a US-based studio that did so.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Sat May 28, '11, 6:08 am

I just came back from seeing this movie literally half an hour ago. Those of you Marvel fans here who haven't seen it yet, please do yourself a favour and check it out. Probably my favourite movie this year so far. ;)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Bragatyr » Mon May 30, '11, 4:18 pm

Yeah, it was definitely good. I was a little bit anxious about it because I like the character and I'm a huge fan of the myths (hence the username) and was concerned it wouldn't translate well to film, but it was very good. Anthony Hopkins was amazing and Loki was done perfectly. And Hemsworth is perfect as Thor.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 30, '13, 4:18 am

Some news on the second installment of the "Thor" movie saga. This next film will be called " Thor: The Dark World" and will be out in theaters appx. Nov. 8. It sounds awesome:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 49847.html

And, I don't think I ever commented here but I have seen the first "Thor" movie and absolutely loved it!! Thor has always been a favorite of mine and I think Chris Hemsworth did an exceptional job playing the character. I was also very impressed with the Loki guy. Am so looking forward to the next movie. :hyper:
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Jan 30, '13, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jan 30, '13, 4:20 am

I can't wait! Loved the first movie, and I've been hearing nothing but good things about the second one.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 30, '13, 10:26 am

I was pleasantly surprised by Thor, myself. The comic character was never very interesting to me. I didn't really dislike him, but I didn't seek out his stories either. The whole lore surrounding him just didn't draw me in at all.

The movie, though, did a really great job in keeping me interested. The characters were more accessible than I had expected. I don't think there was a single bad casting choice in that film. I'll be looking forward to the next installment. In fact, I think I might watch the first one again later this week. It occurs to me that I received the DVD for Christmas, but still haven't watched it yet.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 31, '13, 10:07 pm

The first Thor mavie was a great one ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Next

Return to Feature Films