This one is horrible.

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

This one is horrible.

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 17, '09, 9:43 pm

This is a really horrible story. I couldn't believe it at first, because it sounds like the sort of animal cruelty that would land someone in jail.

Spokane to detonate squirrels tearing up parks
The Finch Arboretum is being overrun by ground squirrels, and Spokane Parks and Recreation is bringing in some special artillery.

The agency is using a special machine called the Rodenator Pro to detonate some of the estimated 100 to 150 squirrels tearing up the grounds.

They're actually going to blow up the squirrels. That seems very excessive to me. Where's PETA when they could really do something worthwhile? Probably looking for more sweaty towels, I guess.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: This one is horrible.

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Apr 17, '09, 9:56 pm

Seriously? This doesn't border on cruelty, this IS cruelty! If some random person picked up a squirrel and detonated it with common household chemicals, no doubt they'd be arrested and charged with cruelty to animals! This is disgusting. :evil: I understand if they're a problem, but there's got to be other ways to solve it.

Where is PETA in this? This is they type of thing you would think they'd be all over...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 17, '09, 10:58 pm

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Well, you know, that really burns me up! This is blatant murder. I don't care if they say this is a "humane way" to do it, I think they are absolutely wrong. There is nothing "humane" about this. I know the squirrels might be a problem but there just has to be another way to solve this problem rather than killing them. Maybe they could trap some of them and move them to another area, or something. It would be easy to trap them or capture them if they only put some nuts, bird food, corn, or something like that out for them to eat. They go nuts over this stuff. I think squirrels are cute. We have many of them in our back yard and they are clever little boogers at getting their food, etc. I too wonder where PETA is, they need to do something good for once and help save these squirrels. :grumpy:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Sat Apr 18, '09, 2:02 pm

Thats a very harsh way to go about solving animal problems. Seriously this just goes to show how stupid some people can really be. :fiery:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Tue Apr 21, '09, 12:29 am

This is cruelty beyond belief! :fiery: People are disgusting.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Amazing Animals