Thinking on getting PSU, thoughts?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Re: Thinking on getting PSU, thoughts?

Postby myau56 » Sun Aug 21, '22, 12:18 pm

r3alP wrote:You can play PSU for free on PC, as there is a dedicated team running a private server.
I don't know if PSO is still a great game to play...I can't really remember me playing it ! So long...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Tweeg » Sun Sep 11, '22, 9:16 pm

The major problem with PSU is that it's an ongoing game series. PSU (Xbox 360) you could think of as being like the first season of a TV series. All expansions of PSU beyond the base game for the X360 were tragically digital-only releases. Both the PS2 and PC got a phisical release of the second PSU game, Ambition of the Illuminus, in English. The third game was digital-only for the English speaking markets. The PSU Franchise, storywise, then continues on with the trilogy of game for the PSP; Phantasy Star Portable, Phantasy Star Portable 2, and lastly Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity.

But here's the rub with the PSU franchise. The first three games were pay-to-play online, with game three being a digital-only expansion. Games 4 - 6 are PSP exclusives, with the 6th game, which concludes the story, never released outside of Japan. So if you get into PSU, there are just loads of complications ahead for you in being able to see the storyline to its' conclusion.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby myau56 » Tue Sep 13, '22, 6:10 pm

PSU ? This is so far for me now ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master