Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, '14, 3:06 pm 
So from what I read, there was this X-Men animation, 5 seasons long that aired in the 90's. Anyone seen it? Is it worth getting it on DVD?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, '14, 5:37 pm 
I remember it as a kid. I think my dad taped a TON of those episodes back in the day. If I recall correctly, it wasn't that bad, but it was definitely…shall we say, 90s.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, '14, 7:03 pm 
Yeah, definitely 90s. IMO, the animation quality tended to decrease as the series went on. In my opinion, most of it does not hold up well today, but there are some good episodes. I don't think I ever saw the last season or two, though.

Marvel used to have a lot, if not all, if the series posted on their website to watch for free. I'd tell you to look at a few episodes on there to see if you wanted it - but it seems they've taken it down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, '14, 10:22 pm 
I loved that show. It's very 90's, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Like a lot of other 90's comic related stuff, it has a good art style, and a lot of people still look back fondly on the depiction of the characters, especially villains like Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. It's probably the only time Apocalypse has ever been a legitimate threat, ha ha. But yeah, like most things that we loved as kids it probably hasn't aged the best, but I'd say it's worth checking out to see if you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, '14, 1:24 am 
It was a fun take on the X-Men. One of FOXKids better attempts.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]