Will we ever see more official remakes?

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Will we ever see more official remakes?

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 11:24 pm

Do you think we'll ever see more official Phantasy Star remakes, like Generation 1 and 2? If we do, what sort of changes would you like to see in those remakes? New characters, added dungeons, different playing perspectives?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:22 pm

Maybe, but I doubt it. They didn't even finish all the remakes this time around and didn't bring them to anywhere outside of Japan. Sega might remember Phantasy Star, but they don't really care about it. The only reason Generation 1 and 2 were made is because another company did under Sega's name.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:35 pm

Sure there will be remakes in time. It may take several years. Remakes are doing better now than new stuff. It would be great to have all the things you mentioned, especially new characters but don't forget the old favorites too.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 15, '07, 11:23 pm

The Final Fantasy remakes for GBA and DS have been pretty successful so it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually gave the Phantasy Star series the same treatment. How cool would it be to have a DS version of the original with a dungeon map running on one of the screens 8)
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 16, '07, 6:09 am

I wonder if you could get one of the leading systems to start one. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Dec 16, '07, 9:25 am

I wouldn't really call the GBA Final Fantasy games remakes. They didn't add much to them...

As for a remake of Phantasy Star? Man...I'd pay for that. But with Sega's current streak, I don't want them to be touching it. No offense, but their recent Sonic games were crap.

I say let a small rabid group of fans handle it. (Stares at the front page) I think I found some. XP
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Neithird » Mon Dec 17, '07, 8:33 pm

:lol: Yep, that's us! Rabid for Phantasy Star. ;)

DS ports of the games sound like a great idea. Especially if they do Phantasy Star 4. It could be a really great update of the game.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Chris8282 » Thu Dec 20, '07, 1:51 am

I gave up hope for good future installments in Phantasy Star series a while ago. Which is why I wish there were more complete fangames. That to me would be just as good if someone could finish a PSV or a remake. Raja's and Chaz's Adventures are pretty good though, I haven't played the PS3 Remake though,
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Xellos » Thu Dec 27, '07, 4:04 pm

I will be very happy if they makes a remake of ps4, but im affraid if tha be good or bad...

"If I tell you that, my chief Shabranigudu will kill me, hehe"
Xellos
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:41 pm

Personally, i'd be more than happy to not only see someone try to make a new one, but to be able to assit in it, wether it being something as simple as coming up with new items to collect. If that's not a hint enough, then let me put it this way: Maybe we (as in everyone here at the site) should take a stab at it. No real restraints on time and development, we easily have a way of contacting one another, and I'm darn sure we have at least one frequent enough User who can do programming.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Next

Return to Other Classics