McD's $1.00 drinks

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

McD's $1.00 drinks

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 18, '10, 9:57 pm

McDonalds is having a summer promotion where their soft drinks will only be $1.00.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... =1,1710814

Is this a good move for McD's? Will it gain them extra customers?

How will other restaurants be affected by this, and will they offer some kind of special promotions to counteract this offer by McDonald's?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: McD's $1.00 drinks

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Mar 18, '10, 9:59 pm

Trust me when I say, it's a good move for them. They did the same thing in my city last summer and they sold lots. It even got me to go in there and buy a few drinks on my way home.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Mar 18, '10, 10:14 pm

I agree with Atlin. I'm sure MickeyD's buck items sell well. They have hot fudge sundaes for only a dollar!

Mmmmmm. Sundaes.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Oakley2284 » Thu Mar 18, '10, 10:17 pm

hot fudge sundaes for only a dollar!!!!!

Ok gotta go to Mcdo right now :shiftyeyes:

Buy 3 or 4 sundaes and 2 bigmacs :hyper:
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Tanith » Thu Mar 18, '10, 10:23 pm

Maybe it's just in my rinky-dink town, but whenever I'm in the drive-thru line and McD's, every other car is just getting sweet iced tea and nothing else (I think the sweet tea is only a dollar, too). So yeah, I think dollar drinks can (and do!) work.

I agree; their sundaes are soooo good.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 18, '10, 10:55 pm

You know the bottle drinks most stores have up near the registers? Those are about $1.50 now in most places. Considering that, yeah, I think this is going to be a great promotion. Go to McD's, get a larger drink for less? It's a license to print money.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Qara » Sat Mar 20, '10, 3:02 am

Timing is good on this. Summer is when most young people are out of school and families in general are eating out more. People are more thirsty in summer due to the hot weather. An icy cold drink for only a buck is about as cheap as you can get.
Qara
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 53

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 20, '10, 5:56 am

Small drinks are a dollar with free refills.

Large drinks are already a dollar.

Stupid teenagers come in, order a dollar sweet tea. Then go and fill it with Soda since the Sweet Tea is in the lobby. Or they fill with ice, pretend to get tea and then get soda.

They do the same thing with free water cups. Even if you give them a clear cup to mark it, they'll do the same thing. If you spot them getting soda, they'll change to sprite and get away with it.

What happens when you try and call them on the carpet? Cussing, swearing and attacked. Then their parents get involved.

It isn't to make money, it's to cut down on thievery during the summer. The majority of teenagers these days are thieves.

I worked for Mcd's for 10 years. I saw it all the time. It was worse when we filled the drinks. A kid would order a free water, drink it, come back and want soda refill and you couldn't tell them no. Being down here in texas, where the population now is 80% black/hispanic makes you geuss what group steals drinks the most.

It's sad that parents these days can't teach their kids common decency. Everything is about stealing or getting as much as you can for as little as possible.

Want ketchup at home? Buy fast food, demand lots of it, compain if you don't get it, get it and go home happy. Cost someone their job too because you can't steal. Same with ordering fries NO SALT then demanding 20 salt packets. Then when you try and charge for extra stuff? It's a nightmare!

It's a terrible world.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Schala Zeal » Fri Mar 26, '10, 1:27 am

You know to be honest, as a public health major, I'm a little worried that cheaper pop will encourage people to drink more pop as opposed to water. :blank: Then again, they'll drink pop anyway...
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Lemina » Fri Mar 26, '10, 3:14 am

It's a great marketing campaign that McDonald's is doing, but I'm with Schala. It's a great temptation to the public. Water vs. Soda? Which would the majority of Americans pick?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Delectable Delicacies