The Young And The Restless

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

The Young And The Restless

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 23, '07, 9:37 pm

Anyone watch this soap opera on cbs?

Who is your favorite all time Y/R character(s), and your current fave Y/R character(s)?

Which Y/R character(s) is your least favorite?

Who is your favorite Y/R couple(s)?

What is/was your favorite Y/R story line?

How long have you been watching Y/R?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 27, '07, 3:50 am

I haven't watched Y&R in a long time. My fave characters were/are Victor Newman, Nicholas Newman, Niki Newman, Victoria Newman, Jack Abbott, Kay Chancellor, Brad Carlton.
Fave Y&R couple is Niki and Victor.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 27, '07, 5:42 am

My mom watches this soap opera... I don't really care for it, but it was interesting when Roscoe Born was on. :melodramatic:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 27, '07, 7:57 pm

I did see a little of Friday's Y&R. It was very exciting with Victor, Niki, and everyone waiting for word on a trapped Victoria. Victor rescued Jack Abbott, which is bound to tee Jack off abit that his rescuer was Victor. :wink: Victoria and her friend were finally rescued from the caved in building, but then an explosion happened and a very pregnant Victoria fell. Hope the baby isn't injured and Victoria is okay.

I have a little trouble getting used to this Victoria, though. The actress playing Victoria used to be on "All My Children". The original actress who played Victoria on Y&R was on OLTL for a good while and the other day I happened to see her on "Bold & The Beautiful". :o :yaknow:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 7, '08, 5:29 am

Saw this bit of news about "The Young & The Restless" winning it's time spot for 1,000 weeks. That's a hefty accomplishment. I must admit, I've been watching it on and off for a couple of weeks. It's been fairly good lately.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... id=14&cs=1

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:53 pm

That's nearly 20 years. It's a very impressive accomplishment. I've never heard of anything else in TV performing so well for so long.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 15, '08, 10:50 pm

Someone new has just recently joined the cast of the "Young & The Restless". He is actor Michael Gross.

Many fans may remember Michael Gross best as playing the dad to the character Alex Keating (actor Michael J. Fox) on the comedy show "Family Ties" several years ago. Or perhaps from playing the role of the crusty, but lovable character of Bert Gummer in the movies "Temors", "Tremors 2-Aftershocks", "Tremors 3-Back To Perfection", "Tremors 4-The Legend Begins", and "Tremors", the TV series.

That's a lot of "Tremors"! I'm wondering when the next one will be! :wink:

Anyway, he had a great line on the soap, Y&R today. He and another character were talking. The other character was playing the role of his ex-wife. I believe they were supposedly "hippies" in their younger days and got married, as the story goes, or something along those lines. Today they were talking about what they wanted to name their son who was born years ago. She said something about him wanting to name their son "Kal-El" (of Superman fame), I think it was, and then he spoke up and said something along the lines of "Atleast, it wasn't Gandalf" (Lord Of The Rings). It was a cute and funny line. :D And, by the way, the son was named " Michael ". 8)

I'm not sure how long he will be on this soap, but it's good seeing him again. He's a very fine actor. Check it out, if you get a chance.

Silver_Surfer1

Re: The Young And The Restless

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 8, '19, 3:10 am

"Young And The Restless" fans are mourning the loss of one of the actors on the soap who played the role of Neil Winters. Actor Kristoff St. John was found deceased at his home. Mr. St. John had been on Y&R for a number of years. He was a terrific actor and he will be very much missed. :cry:

Condolences to his family. :tombstone: :rose:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/y ... dead-at-52

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Tubular Television