Fears

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Fears

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 20, '07, 11:29 am

When I was playing Phantasy Star IV recently, I came across a scene in Monsen that I didn't remember. As you leave the village, and earthquake hits. After it passes, Gryz confesses that he is afraid of quakes.

So this got me to thinking. What fears do the other characters in the series have, or would you expect them to have based on their personality?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 20, '07, 5:17 pm

I think Chaz is scared of death. When Wren tells the group that he'll prepare for a crash landing, Chaz freaks out about it while everyone else remains calm (and Rika's rather excited about it). :p Also, Alys's passing may have some impact on this...just a guess.

Rika? I think she's too naive to have any real fears. Nothing comes to mind as far as she goes.

Rune... I think he may fear something like failing Algo. He has a lot to carry on his shoulders as Lutz, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has some fears about it, even if he never shows it.

Maybe Hahn's afraid of going broke while travelling with Alys. :lol: She does charge him a lot just to let him tag along. Or maybe...he was scared of Alys? :o

I think Kyra's fear came true when she learned the truth that Lutz was no longer around. Hard to say for her.

If Wren or Demi have any fears, I wouldn't know what they are.

Raja...no clue with him.

As for Alys, I think she was scared of something happening to Chaz.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sun Oct 21, '07, 9:51 am

Raja is probably afraid that somewhere in the world is someone that doesn't think he is funny. :p

The closest thing Wren and Demi have to a fear would be the worry of failing their mission of keeping humans alive. That's my take on them.

Hahn might be scared of letting down his family and the other people in Krup. They spoke highly of him, except his father if I remember it right.

On the others, I agree with Tsunami. :)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Sun Oct 21, '07, 5:59 pm

Neithird wrote:Raja is probably afraid that somewhere in the world is someone that doesn't think he is funny. :p
But the only one in the group who thought Raja was funny is Rika! :lol: I don't think he cares so much, as long as he's having a good time.

The closest thing Wren and Demi have to a fear would be the worry of failing their mission of keeping humans alive. That's my take on them.
Makes sense, as they're responsible for the planets. I thought about that, but wasn't really sure.

Hahn might be scared of letting down his family and the other people in Krup. They spoke highly of him, except his father if I remember it right.
That's better than mine. :D I can see that being a fear of his, too.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 22, '07, 6:35 pm

Great answers. :) With Raja, I think he might be afraid of running out of jokes. Not likely to happen, but I can' imagine Raja without his sense of humor. :D

Rika? I think she's too naive to have any real fears. Nothing comes to mind as far as she goes.

Rika's kind of mean when it comes to other people's fears, too. When Gryz said he was afraid of Earthquakes, Rika called him a coward. :twisted:

What about the characters in the other games, what fears would they have?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Mon Oct 22, '07, 6:54 pm

Thoul wrote:

Rika's kind of mean when it comes to other people's fears, too. When Gryz said he was afraid of Earthquakes, Rika called him a coward. :twisted:

But that just adds to her overall charm! :D

Anyhow. I dunno if I could place fears very easily for the other games, due to lack of development.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 23, '07, 2:26 pm

Tsunami wrote:But the only one in the group who thought Raja was funny is Rika! :lol: I don't think he cares so much, as long as he's having a good time.

Yeah, I guess you're right. :D Raja always as a good time, so he's always happy! :mrgreen:

The other games too? Okay, let's see...

Well, Lyle would be afraid of Rhys finding out about his dragon body. That would lead to a nast feud.

Alis' fear would be letting down her brother's memory by failing to take out Lassic.

Musk Cats must be afraid of mad doctors. :p

That's all I've got right now. :blank:
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Tue Oct 23, '07, 7:27 pm

Those are pretty good ones, Neithird. :)

Neithird wrote:Well, Lyle would be afraid of Rhys finding out about his dragon body. That would lead to a nast feud.
Also, I think Lyle was afraid of Maia really being gone. In a way, I don't think he could accept her "death", (when she disappeared from Aquatica) so that drove him to keep searching for her.

:rofl:
You know, Amy was a doctor...but she wasn't mad. Would've been funny if when you took her with you to Dezo, the musk cats would freak out and think her to be a mad doctor! :D

Zio might have a fear of letting anyone see his "monsterfied" hand! :o
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Rudo » Wed Oct 24, '07, 6:01 am

Neithird wrote:Well, Lyle would be afraid of Rhys finding out about his dragon body. That would lead to a nast feud.

:up:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 24, '07, 12:45 pm

Tsunami wrote:Those are pretty good ones, Neithird. :)

Thanks. :D

Tsunami wrote:Also, I think Lyle was afraid of Maia really being gone. In a way, I don't think he could accept her "death", (when she disappeared from Aquatica) so that drove him to keep searching for her.

That's a good one. He really seems to care about the people around him, so this fits his personality very nicely.

Tsunami wrote:You know, Amy was a doctor...but she wasn't mad. Would've been funny if when you took her with you to Dezo, the musk cats would freak out and think her to be a mad doctor! :D

:rofl: I can just see it now. They'd be running around like crazy and she'd be chasing them to calm them down, but they just keep going! :rofl:

Tsunami wrote:Zio might have a fear of letting anyone see his "monsterfied" hand! :o

Nice one! I bet he would be afraid of failing his master, too.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Classic Series