The World of Phantasy Star: Dust Jacket

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Dust Jacket

Dust Jacket

View Gallery Page

The World of Phantasy Star: Dust Jacket

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 1, '11, 5:00 am

The book The World of Phantasy Star is accompanied by this dust jacket, which wraps around the front and back cover. The covers of the book feature an identical design rendering in black, white, and gray. The glossy jacket is much more colorful with the golden classic Phantasy Star logo and red used on some Japanese text. Unfortunately, the rigidity of the spine made this somewhat difficult to scan, leading to some reflected light near the meeting of the front cover and spine.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: The World of Phantasy Star: Dust Jacket

Postby Oakley2284 » Tue Feb 1, '11, 4:52 pm

I don't know why but... I really like this picture. I think its really cool =D
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 1, '11, 6:05 pm

I like it a lot myself. I tried to extract the "Phantasy Star" text for a site logo one time, but couldn't get far in it. That glare in the middle ruined it for me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 1, '11, 7:34 pm

I agree, I like this image also. Even though some of it looks as if we can't see it, it still has a majestic look to it.

I do have one question. I notice up in the right hand corner (looking at it from where I sit) that it says "TV-Land One Pack Extra". What exactly does that mean?? Does that have anything to do with the TV-Land tv channel??? Just wondering, lol.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby xellos667 » Tue Feb 1, '11, 7:44 pm

Great picture for the fact alone that it's the entire dusk jacket, not just one side. BUT I must really be the only one who think that the cover for the World of Phantasy Star is really bland and not impressive at all. I mean, it's just the logo, a black square on a white background, and a bunch of texts. It really feels boring, and on my shelf, I always try to hide it a little behind the others PS related books with better cover. Of course that just my opinion, it does not change the fact that it's actually a great job of having an entire scan of it.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 1, '11, 8:04 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I do have one question. I notice up in the right hand corner (looking at it from where I sit) that it says "TV-Land One Pack Extra". What exactly does that mean?? Does that have anything to do with the TV-Land tv channel??? Just wondering, lol.
I can't tell you very much about the "TV-Land One Pack Extra" label. My best guess is that it's something to do with the publishing company or how to book was distributed. This book was published in Japan about three years before the USA based TV channel was launched, so there's no connection between the two. TV-Land must have been used as a name for something else in Japan circa 1993, but I've not been able to learn what. I've attempted to research it before, but any searches for the term TV-Land today will only bring up tons of material about the USA channel.

We would need someone familiar with Japan's 1990s television culture to answer the question of what that label means.
xellos667 wrote:BUT I must really be the only one who think that the cover for the World of Phantasy Star is really bland and not impressive at all. I mean, it's just the logo, a black square on a white background, and a bunch of texts.

It is more minimal than most covers, to be sure. That's not always a bad thing, though. I wouldn't mind having a few characters in there somewhere, but the different approach sets this book apart.

What I really like is that this is probably the largest pure classic "Phantasy Star" logo ever printed. Now if only it didn't have that text on the spine...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 12, '20, 7:58 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

An awesome cover for the dust jacket of the book "The World Of Phantasy Star"! A spectacular image.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby jessie » Sun Sep 13, '20, 10:57 pm

I wish all of those beautiful book would get an English translation and get released in the US.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Mon Sep 14, '20, 12:15 pm

Would be great to have an english translation...:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Featured Images