If you could learn any language...

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

If you could learn any language...

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 9, '07, 3:12 am

With all the different languages in the world today, which one would you try to learn if had the time and opportunity to learn just one?

I'd like to learn French sometime... France sounds like it would be a nice place to visit, so that's why.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 9, '07, 8:10 pm

I'd like to be like those super teachers who somehow know like 8 different languages! I'm on spanish, next might be French, if not then .....i don't know German, maybe.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Sun Dec 9, '07, 9:09 pm

I'd like to learn either more Frech (I know a little bit, though not much) or Japanese. Though I may go with the latter.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 10, '07, 3:37 pm

I would like to learn several. I'd like to know what people of other languages are saying. :wink Mostly, I'd like to know French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Russian (always need to keep up with Russia), and probably Japanese or Chinese (for the same reason as Russian, not because I particularly am fond of the language in either place). Maybe Swedish too. Probably some others I can't think of now.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 11, '07, 2:24 am

Japanese, definitely. I'd like to be able to play all the great games that don't get released in the US.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation