CW network struggles

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

CW network struggles

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 5, '08, 7:43 pm

The CW network has decided not to renew it's WWE Smackdown (wrestling) show, and they seem to be cutting back in some other areas such as eliminating their comedy division, etc.

Some shows have been renewed, such as " Smallville "! That is great news. I think "Smallville" is the best show this network has going for it. Watching this show is about the only reason I ever watch this channel any longer.

If you ask me, they really put a nail in their coffin when they canceled " 7th Heaven " even though the show had been on for 10-11 years and was the longest running drama show ever on TV. It still could have gone on for a couple more years, I think. It was a good family show, and you just can not hardly find shows like it anymore. The cast was superb and the show went out on top. We need more like it.

Also, it might help the CW enormously if they were to have a " 7th Heaven " reunion movie, or show of some type.

Just my opinion. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Mar 5, '08, 11:08 pm

Maybe they'll get some interesting new shows. It's mostly been comedy stuff for years, even before the old networks combined to make the new one. I just never found any of that to be fun to watch. At this point, I honestly wouldn't care much if the network went under.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:47 am

Ooops, I forgot to put the link to go with the story about. Here it is:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... e3d8?imw=Y

Sorry, bout that, lol. :lol:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:14 pm

I read somewhere else that Smackdown is going to be on MyNetwork TV. It's kind of funny, because in a lot of areas, a channel that lost one of the CW's parent networks when CW formed became a MyNetwork TV station.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tubular Television