The Twilight Zone

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

The Twilight Zone

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 4, '08, 3:30 am

Anyone a fan of this show - either the older classic original series or the other series shown a few years ago?

We watched some of the Twilight Zone marathon shown on tv on New Year's Day and it was pretty good. Some of those old episodes seem corny now but were probably quite scary back in their original airings.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 4, '08, 4:08 am

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I sometimes enjoy watching the original series. Sometimes I get sick of seeing it, though. Sci-Fi likes to run that into the ground, more than any other show. I think it's the only thing they actually show year round without a break.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 4, '08, 11:06 pm

I've only ever seen 1, and it was entertaining, I try to find others that could just be a 1 time thing but never does it show them.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Snorb » Fri Feb 1, '08, 5:29 pm

I'm 23, and to this day, the climax of "A Thing About Machines" still scares the living #### out of me.

Other good episodes are "The Night of the Meek" (starring THE Art Carney), "The Mighty Casey", "The Obsolete Man," "Where Is Everybody?", and "Time Enough At Last."

What can I say, I'm a sucker for classic sci-fi.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: The Twilight Zone

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 11, '15, 9:14 pm

I heard that today, May 11, 2015 was "Twilight Zone Day". So fans of this classic program, enjoy the day! And, what is your favorite "Twilight Zone" episode?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/downtime ... cid=AARDHP

Some of my fave "Twilight Zone" episodes have William Shatner (Captain Kirk on "Star Trek" in them.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: The Twilight Zone

Postby jessie » Fri May 15, '15, 2:11 am

I really enjoy the episodes. I am not a "fan" but I always get a kick out of them.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Return to Tubular Television