"The Tinman" on Sci-Fi

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 10, '07, 4:17 am

How many are there? 3?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 10, '07, 3:55 pm

When originally broadcast, "The Tinman" was shown in 3 parts on seperate nights last week. The first part was shown on one night. The next night they reran the first part before also showing the second part of the movie. On the third night they reran the 2nd part of the movie before showing the 3rd and final part of the movie. Whew, I hope that is clear. :wink:

On this past Sunday (yesterday), from what I understand as I did not get to watch it, they were supposed to show the whole entire movie (all 3 parts) together at one time. Since each seperate part was 2 hours long, you are looking at a period of appx. 6 hours to watch the whole three part mini-series movie. Well, worth it though, I thought.

If you missed it, keep your eye out and check the sci-fi listings. I am sure they will show it again a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if it is also put out on DVD before long.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I must admit I did not think I would. If you are a fan of the older version of "The Wizard Of Oz" you really have to be accepting of newer and different ways, changes, etc. They do leave just enough in the movie to grab you as a fan of the older version right up into this newer version, I thought. My favorite part of the movie, and it made chills go up my spine was when the heroine of the movie met her great-great-great ancestor and she gave her the Emerald. Very nicely done, although I wish that part could have been longer.

And, since we are talking about these two different versions of "The Wizard Of Oz", does anyone here remember another version a few years ago called simply "The Wiz", starring Michael Jackson, I think, and an all black cast? I thought that version was nicely done as well. I especially liked the theme music to that version of the movie.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Mon Dec 10, '07, 4:38 pm

I remember the Wiz being on, just barely. I didn't watch, but it seemed like it would be a very lighthearted and silly film.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 10, '07, 7:13 pm

Yeah, watched the whole 6 hours, XD. It got awarded with outstanding special effects in 05. But they didn't detail enough on the other characters.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Previous

Return to Tubular Television