The Terminator

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 4:32 am

Oh, great. If they're moving it to Friday night, they must be trying to kill it off. If the quality of the show doesn't improve, it will never last there. So far it has been mostly hit and miss, with too many episodes (like tonight's) that were misses.

I mean, even Star Trek couldn't survive on Friday: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
Last edited by Thoul on Tue Dec 16, '08, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:37 pm

That's interesting. I did not know that Friday night was the "kiss of death" so to speak for some tv programs.

I know that one of my favorite programs "Ghost Whisperer" has been on Friday nights for a few years now and seems to be doing quite well. Although I am a little worried about it because they are messing with the concept of the show a little bit and that may turn some fans off.

Very interesting about the shows that have failed on Friday nights, and the shows that have survived on Friday nights, atleast for a little while anyway. I'll have to keep that in mind.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: The Terminator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 17, '09, 11:16 pm

Well, the season finale of "Terminator-Sarah Conner Chronicles" was on last Friday night, but I didn't get to see it due to a major thunderstorm/tornado warning we had in our area. So, did anyone get to see this series finale????

I don't know how true it is, but I've read several rumors that they have cancelled the show, but I also read that we won't know for sure until they announce the next season schedule which will happen sometime in May. Gosh, I hope they didn't cancel it. It was a fairly good show, most times. Of course there were some episodes that stunk.

Anyway, I found this bit about the season finale that I missed, and it sounds very good:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04 ... or-ch.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Tue May 5, '09, 12:29 am

The new movie, Salvation, comes out this month. Anyone planning to see it? I'm not sure myself. On the one hand, it's got Christian Bale as John Connor, which should be good. On the other hand, I've heard nothing about the movie itself.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Darkil » Sun May 10, '09, 3:04 am

I am definitely planning on seeing this. As you stated Thoul, it has Christian Bale which a big feather in it's cap. Another plus is that it's finally taking place in the future so you can see fighting against an army of the machines rather than using the tired old formula of sending one back to stop the computer from creating the holocaust, blah blah blah. I think the twist they're putting in the movie as well is going to make it more interesting.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Tue May 12, '09, 9:50 pm

I saw the trailer with Star Trek over the weekend. Now I'm not so sure about this movie. The twist seems out of character for Skynet. I'll still see the film at some point, but I might wait for the DVD.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 19, '09, 12:19 am

Heard today that the TV show "Terminator:Sarah Conor Chronicles" had been canceled:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/FallTV-Term ... 06144.aspx

I think this stinks! I liked this show for the most part and watched almost every week or whenever I could. They really skipped the boat when they moved it from Monday's to Friday's. It really irks me off that they canceled Terminator and renewed that Dollhouse program too. :fiery:

It would be great if sci-fi or another channel would pick this up and go with it again somehow.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Tue May 19, '09, 12:37 am

Well, they could have at least waited until after the movie came out to build more hype for that. I'm not surprised to see the show go, though. Friday night is pretty full with all kinds of shows now and Terminator just wasn't consistently good enough to keep up the ratings in that competitive environment.

It kind of stinks that none of the story is really going to be resolved, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jun 21, '09, 11:44 pm

Found this article on actress Linda Hamilton who played the original Sarah Conner in the original Terminator movies. She has a voice-over role in the new "Terminator-Salvation" movie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... bands.html

She's a great actress. I wish they had kept her for more Terminator films, or tv even.

Silver_Surfer1

Previous

Return to Feature Films