The Story of Mars • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

The Story of Mars

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star III.

Postby Celeith » Thu Sep 11, '08, 4:25 pm

Chapter Three

The Rebellion

Three days had passed since Mars arrived in Satera. The local village, located a few miles south of Satera castle had not been overrun with Cille soldiers. Mars walked through the streets, noticing the people going on with their normal lives. It seemed odd as why the castle was taken by Cille but the village was not. "I heard princess Sari was slain when the castle was seiged." A elderly woman spoke to her husband. "Quit talking nonsence woman. Theres no possible way that princess Sari would of lost to those soldiers." The elderly man replied.

Mars walked all across town, hearing various rumors about Satera, Landen and Cille. "Excuse me." Mars spoke out. A young man slightly turned his head towards her. "How come Cille soldiers haven't taken this town?" Mars asked. "Are you with Cille?" He replied. "No, I'm from Landen. My home was taken over by King Cille himself so I escaped here." She said. The man did not speak a word after that, but began walking away. Mars stood and watched as the man walked away from her, wondering if she had said something wrong.

A few hours had passed and it was beginning to get late. The sound of chirpers could be heard in the distance. "I guess I better return to the inn." She thought. After walking through the streets that evening she finally returned to the inn, slightly opening the door she heard people talking with the innkeeper inside. "We've learned that you've been hiding Princess Marselle of Landen in your inn." A knight wearing dragon armor said to the lady behind the counter.

Unsheathing his huge broadsword he pointed it towards the innkeeper. The tip of the blade barely sticking into her neck. "Now you have ten seconds to tell me where Marselle is, if you don't then you can say goodbye to that pretty head of yours." He said. The innkeeper continued to reply to the guard, telling him she did not know who Marselle was, but the guard refused to believe her. "Very well then, so be it. In the name of King Cille I grant punishment upon you!" He said as he rose his sword.

Quickly acting, but not thinking of her own safety Mars ran inside. "Leave her alone!" Mars yelled out. The guard stopped his attack on the innkeeper, glancing to the side to notice Mars standing before him. "How could you even dream of harming someone unarmed. If you must know I'll tell you where Princess Marselle is." She said to the guard. Letting out a slight chuckle the guard lowered his sword. "Then please, lead the way." He replied. Mars turned, leading the guard away outside of the inn.

"So, where is Princess Marselle at woman. Tell me, or that pretty little head of yours will be unattached by my sword." He said. Unsheathing her sword Mars kept her back towards the guard. "You want to know where Princess Mars is?" She asked. The guard placed his hands firm on his weapon as Mars drew hers. "Then you found her!" She said as she turned towards him, revealing the truth about herself. Was this a good idea? Or a foolish one?

"So your Marselle.. Alright then.. Everybody come out!" The guard yelled. At that moment Mars, as well as the inn was surrounded by a squad of Cille guards. "You three! Torch the inn. The rest of you, help me take Marselle prisoner." He ordered. The guards closed in on Mars as the inn went up in flames. The screams of the people inside were heard as the flames rose from the ground, moving up towards the roof of the inn. "How.. How dare you!" Mars yelled as she readied herself for battle.

Quickly dodging a blow from behind Mars slashed down with her claw, dealing a large wound to the guard that had attacked her. Two more charged her, but were taken down as well thanks to Mars' sword. "It seems you have some skills. But it doesn't matter. Men! Bring her in dead if we have to!" He ordered. They all agreed to the order and charged Mars. Mars fought the guards off bravely, but it was not enough. No matter how many times she struck them they continued to get back up.

"Damn them, just what are they!" The exhausted Mars said. Trying to catch her breath the guard captain charged her. Her arms felt like rubber as she tried to raise her sword. There were to many for just her to take on her own. The guard captain swung his broadsword down, not able to dodge fast enough Mars was thrown a few feet away from the attack. "This is perfect, I'll fetch a huge reward for bringing you in." He said as he slowly approached Mars.

The flames from the inn reflected from his armor, making his armor appear as if it was on fire itself. The man stopped in front of Mars and glanced down at her. She tried to stand to her feet, but she was just to exhausted to move anymore. The guard rose his sword, ready to take Mars' head for himself his attack was cut short as the sound of gunfire echoed through the town. The guard captain fell to the ground, revealing a large hole through his forhead.

The sound of a metalic object was heard from behind her, slowly turning her head she noticed a large man wearing black armor move towards the battle. "Good job Wren, now lets clean up here and get Marselle to safety." A cloaked figure spoke as she appeared behind the man in black armor. A small group arrived at the battlefield, surrounding the guards that were attacking Mars. A battle commenced with the guards, eventually coming to a conclusion with Mars' saviors emerging victorious.

Noticing the man in black armor and the cloaked figure approach her Mars began to lose conciousness. "Hey, hey are you alright!" Was all she heard before she fainted. Hours later Mars awoke in the comfort of a bed inside a small room. "Where am I?" She thought as she rose. The door to the room opened as a brunette woman and a black haired man walked inside. "So your finally awake?" She asked. Turning to the side Mars stepped off the bed, looking at the two she recognized the black haired man to be non other then her fathers ally Wren.

"You sure were lucky, taking all those guards by yourself. You should know better not to reveal who you are... Princess Marselle." The woman said. "Just who are you anyways, and what is it you want from me?" Mars asked. Asking Wren to leave the room the woman closed the door and sat propped herself against the wall, crossing her arms. "I'm Sari, Princess of Satera and leader of the rebellion. We've been trying to locate you for quite some time now Marselle." She said as she walked slowly towards Mars. "So you survived the attack afterall, I'm glad. But what is it you're wanting from me?" Mars asked.

"We need you to join the rebellion. With your help we can rescue my mother, and your kingdom. With your help we can find Lyle, the prince of Shushoren, and take down King Cille once and for all." Sari replied. Many things were happening and Mars was having a hard time taking it all in. "I'll explain the rest in the morning, for now get some more rest. I'll hear your decision in the morning." Sari replied, leaving the room after. Many things went on in Mars' head that night as she tried to sleep. Did her mother send her to Satera for safety? Or did Mieu send her own daughter to Satera to locate Princess Sari, and join the rebellion? These things went on through her mind as she fell asleep.

(Meanwhile at Landen Castle)

The new queen of Landen, Maia was sitting on the throne, awaiting news from Cille. "My queen! He's arrived." A guard spoke to Maia. "Thank you, bring him in." She replied. The guard turned to the door, ordering the two beside it to open the door to the throne room. A young, cascade haired man clad in armor slowly walked into the throne room, stopping a few feet away from Maia. "It seems your journey was a safe one. But before you can rest I have a mission for you." She replied as the cascade haired youth glanced up towards her and just smiled.

Chapter Three End
Celeith
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III