Rika's age in Human years

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Lucas » Wed Aug 20, '08, 2:24 am

Rika as a Numan is one right. But pyhsically she looks around 19 years old in my opinion. Nei was seven months old and she looks around 15 or 16 especially in the remake PS generation 2. How old do yous reckon Rika is in Human years I stick with 19. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Aug 20, '08, 4:43 am

I agree; being "fully developed" physically, she looked about 18-ish/19-ish. And for being only a year old of age, she was still more mature than Chaz. :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Srijita » Wed Aug 20, '08, 8:29 am

[face=Times New Roman]Many thanks to you both for your comments on this – they were enormously helpful to me...

Extract from fanfic: (Rune is probing Wren about whether the budding Chaz-Rika romance is… appropriate)

The Esper gave a sigh of relief. “All right, well, that takes care of one major headache. But here’s another.” He hesitated; this was where the conversation was liable to become awkward. “Rika’s only a year old. Yet from the outside, apart from her ears, she has the appearance of a normal human girl in late adolescence, approaching adulthood. Now you mentioned physical maturity. Does that include puberty?”

Wren paused for a moment, an eternity of computer time, before answering: “Her biological age, in human terms, is sixteen.”

Having read your comments, I’ll push that up to 18-19. As you say, she is more mature than Shorty. :)[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Re: Rika's age in Human years

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Aug 20, '08, 8:53 am

Srijita wrote:[face=Times New Roman]Many thanks to you both for your comments on this – they were enormously helpful to me...

Extract from fanfic: (Rune is probing Wren about whether the budding Chaz-Rika romance is… appropriate)

The Esper gave a sigh of relief. “All right, well, that takes care of one major headache. But here’s another.” He hesitated; this was where the conversation was liable to become awkward. “Rika’s only a year old. Yet from the outside, apart from her ears, she has the appearance of a normal human girl in late adolescence, approaching adulthood. Now you mentioned physical maturity. Does that include puberty?”

Wren paused for a moment, an eternity of computer time, before answering: “Her biological age, in human terms, is sixteen.”

Having read your comments, I’ll push that up to 18-19. As you say, she is more mature than Shorty. :)[/face]

:D That is great, Srijita! I love Rune worrying about Chaz and Rika -- those darn kids in love! -- and Wren's response is just classic, reminding me of a certain starfleet officer's personality. :mrgreen:

Can't wait for more! :hyper:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 21, '08, 2:56 am

How old is Chaz? I think he's just 16, unless I remember it wrong. I'd make Rika about the same age. Maybe a year older, putting her at 17.

Nei's actually a little more than a year old by the time of PSII, assuming Motavia has the same seasonal cycle as the real world. There are seven months between her Text Adventure, which takes place in spring, and PSII. That puts PSII at late fall (October) or sometime during the winter months. Nei was born in August of the previous year, so she would be at least a year and two months by PSII.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Aug 21, '08, 9:34 am

Yeah Chaz is 16 in PSIV

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Phantasy Star IV