Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

The Runthrough of the Abyss: Anna or Shir?
Anna Solo Challenge 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Shir Solo Challenge 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, '10, 6:33 am 
Ok so I've finally cracked I guess you could say. Basically I'm gonna be going through PSII for once and do a solo run, thus why I call it the runthrough of the Abyss since certain curse words cannot be said and well they explain it better but I drag on. Anyways, the run of the game will work like this. I'm tied between Anna and Shir, since they're both my favorite characters from the game.

Now if I use Anna then I may have a easier time and I get her earlier so I can grind easier with her, on the other hand I like thieves alot and Shir is just to cool to pass up. Anyways, if I use Shir I'll have to save every time I decide to go into a shop to get her gear and items. Either way its gonna be a long treck through a game that I've never gotten farther then the dams so we'll see how this goes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 8:15 am 
I was going to say Shir, but then I realized you'll be using an emulator and can save whenever you want. So I'll say Anna. It'll be interesting to see how difficult the game is with just her. I expect you'll be grinding a lot with either, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 4:02 pm 
I was going to say Shir as well, because it would be harder, but the whole saving before every shop I think would be irritating, go with Anna :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 6:25 pm 
Shir, just because of the shopping problem!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 8:58 pm 
I'm actually gonna be playing on my Ultimate Collection but it still has save states, which I don't use. I plan on playing the game like it was intended to be played. I'm probably gonna go with Anna since everyone seems to think I should go with her, and I felt like doing the game with her first anyways. Looks like this is gonna be a fun runthrough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 9:06 pm 
Oh, well I guess that sort of qualifies as an emulator since it has save states. But either way, I think you'll enjoy an Anna run more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 9:23 pm 
Have you ever attempted any runs like this through the game Thoul?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, '10, 10:29 pm 
Not a full run of the game, no. I just think it would be generally more enjoyable to play with only Anna as opposed to only Shir.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, '10, 7:22 pm 
What might happen if Shir leaves the party when everyone else is dead? And I haven't tried removing the last alive people in the party at Rolf's house, is that possible either?

Last edited by Solar on Tue Dec 14, '10, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, '10, 6:06 am 
If Shir leaves and everyone is dead then I believe you can still walk around with a invisible party, but if you go into the menu then exit I believe you get a game over since it realizes everyones dead. A similar thing happens on Final Fantasy VI where if you take 1 person alone to the Arena and they die in it you can still walk around, go onto the world map (unless you get into a fight) go into the airship and ect and until you go into your menu and leave while the character is dead then you get the game over screen.

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]