May I have this dance?

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

May I have this dance?

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Mar 1, '15, 1:14 am

I have been working with this guy for well over a year now, he's leading a few people making a fangame (Not PS related) and asked me to make music for him, originals AND remixes. Since his game is (among other things) a homage to Sega's old school RPGs, there are themes from a few Sega games in there, namely a few of my PS remixes.

Lately I have been making exclusive originals for him, something I am not used to. For the last 10 years or so, I almost exclusively kept myself busy with remixes and not much else. Anyways, this morning he asked me if I could work with the PSIII Orakian Waltz. As you probably know, this is a song that was rarely (ever?) remixed and the only available versions of this song are the game rips and the orchestral cover Sega made. My buddy asked me if I could write a loopable version. I have never written a waltz. I have never worked with anything else than 4/4, this was my first foray into the 3/4 universe.

And it ain't too bad for a first draft!

Who knows, this could end up as a full remix!
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: May I have this dance?

Postby Zio_Falz » Sun Mar 1, '15, 2:23 am

impressive. very impressive. Scores above the original annoying tune.

as a prank you should throw in the part where the song shifts and the dragon comes in and abducts the Princess.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Mar 1, '15, 2:50 am

Tee hee.

I've actually been working on a remix of that song (the abduction) for what... two years now. It's a beast of a remix and it's nowhere done.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Mar 1, '15, 4:16 am

Cool stuff, very elegant. On a side note, I can't believe this is the first thing you've done in 3/4, that's crazy.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Mar 1, '15, 3:19 pm

Version two: the revenge.

Twice as long, more spread in the instruments, better instruments, some stereo/panning added, some mastering applied.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Mar 28, '15, 6:46 pm

Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More