Wokka Wokka Wokka

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Sep 27, '10, 6:43 am

That's right. Pac-man. We're talking about the little yellow circle who eats dots and ghosts. This game has been around for thirty years now first debuting in Japan on May 22, 1980. Since that time, many Pacman games have been created, including the Pacman World franchise.

Umm... Discuss?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Wokka Wokka Wokka

Postby Lucas » Mon Sep 27, '10, 7:02 am

I first played Pac-Man when I was about seven years old, on one of those portable table-top games. It belonged to my Aunty and it was a big clunky yellow thing. But playing with it gave me my first experience of any Pac-Man game.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 27, '10, 10:03 pm

I remember playing the arcade machines when I was a kid. Some of the local stores had them out front. I believe TG&Y and Ingles had them at some points. Ah, those were good days. Everyone wanted to play them, so we usually had to wait in line for a turn.

I didn't go for most of the spin off games that came in later years. Most of them just didn't interest me. My Xbox 360 came with a version of the original, so I've played that a little bit. It's pretty fun.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Sep 28, '10, 9:02 pm

I played Ms.Pacman first, I guess cause it's far more common to find than the original IMO. It was one of the very first games I've ever played. I used to have many Pacman games ranging from Namco Museum to Pacman World 1 and 2, which were both pretty fun to play. Plus I was lucky enough to play the pinball/video game hybrid Baby Pacman at my friend's uncles's house, he also had a lot of other arcades like Tron in his basement.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Return to Retro Roundup